Tonight I happened across this book:
I went to the author's blog (Gretchen Rubin), today she had interviewed author Tony Schwartz about happiness. These are a couple of questions/responses I found interesting:
G asked:
Is there a happiness quotation that has struck you as particularly insightful?
T answered:
For me, the most important learning about happiness has been to learn to embrace my own opposites. Nothing has contributed more to my own happiness than the willingness to accept myself in spite of my many imperfections.
G asked:
Have you ever been surprised that something you didn’t expect to make you very happy did?
T: answered:
Giving. Ultimately, I think it’s the only thing that makes us truly happy.
Giving definitely makes me feel happy. I learned this especially when I served in the compassionate service calling. I definitely gained a new appreciation for serving others.
for me [hap·pi·ness] =
Is there a happiness quotation that has struck you as particularly insightful?
T answered:
For me, the most important learning about happiness has been to learn to embrace my own opposites. Nothing has contributed more to my own happiness than the willingness to accept myself in spite of my many imperfections.
G asked:
Have you ever been surprised that something you didn’t expect to make you very happy did?
T: answered:
Giving. Ultimately, I think it’s the only thing that makes us truly happy.
Giving definitely makes me feel happy. I learned this especially when I served in the compassionate service calling. I definitely gained a new appreciation for serving others.
for me [hap·pi·ness] =


2 comments:
I love your blog about happiness...i know exactly what you mean when i see the pix of your family. Isn't it amazing at how your "happiness" changes when you have a family of your own?
That has been on my list for a while too! Let me know what you think of it...when you do get it!
Post a Comment