1.14.2008

The Peanut Butter Story...


Last week we were having a bit of a trying day at our house...Lucie did not seem to like anything that I was doing or not doing for her. I did not do her hair right, did not let her be the color that she wanted to be when we played Hi-Ho Cherrie-O (trying to teach her to let the guests pick their color first), yadayadayada....I was trying to be so patient and allowing her to make choices, but when she let out a huge sigh that I did not make her PB sandwich right it was the icing on the cake and I lost patience and threw the peanut butter jar (which was just about empty) on the floor. I knew immediately that I needed a timeout so I went to the other room and said a prayer and felt much better when I returned to the kitchen. Lucie thought that Jack had thrown the jar so her sweet side had returned and she was picking up the jar and nicely teaching Jack that he should not throw things...I told her it was me that had thrown the jar and needless to say she was a bit surprised. I apologized and told her it was something that I would not do again...
The next day Noelle, Brig, Jack and I were having lunch at our table and Noelle pointed out that I had food on my blinds. I said oh it is probably from last week when Jack threw some of his food, but as I stood to investigate I realized that it was peanut butter. I grabbed a dishcloth and was wiping it off trying to decide if I should tell Noelle the truth of how the peanut butter got on our blinds...as I was thinking the following conversation was happening...
Noelle said..."Jack did you throw food at the blinds?"
Jack replied..."No mommy"
Noelle said..."Oh, Jack your mom would not throw food."
Jack replied..."Yes, mommy!"
By this point in time I could not keep a straight face and turned around to tell Noelle the story. When I said that Jack was telling the truth Noelle had a bit of shocked look on her face, but the story has quickly become a classic!! We have all had a good laugh about it!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is ok to have a peanut butter moment! Thank heavens for the other room!!! Don't you love how these little ones keep us honest!
You are a wonderful Mom!
Love you-
s/b

Noelley's Life said...

I am still getting a good laugh at Jack's honesty! Such a great story! We all have those days, we are all human!

Love you!

Noelle

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Hee hee, funny story Ashlie! I love it when everything is all your fault with little kids, including what's on TV at that moment!

McRae Family said...

Ashlie...

I am really sorry but that story is so funny and it is really nice to know that I am not the only one that gets timeouts....being a mom is so trying at times and then your kids do such cute things like jack and it makes you love them even more. Thanks for sharing. Love you, Engor

Harmoni said...

Ash,
I love that story. Thanks for sharing with us. It makes me feel great to know that we are all human and have to have timeouts just as much as the kids!!

Love ya
Harm

Kelly said...

This story is priceless! What a cute family you have. Your kids are adorable.