7.28.2011

Taylor Family Campout

My dad's family does a yearly campout/reunion at Millers Flat up Fairview Canyon over the 24th of July.  As part of our Schoonie Summer Camp we went up on Friday this year and stayed through Saturday.  In all honesty I was having a hard time getting excited about camping.  I am not quite sure why??  I grew up camping and should love it, but in the past few years I have been pretty content with 1 nighters.  Our little friends were super excited to go.  They are always asking when we get to go camping.  Jack asks when we can get a truck and trailor.  I am not sure that is in the budget, but probably a tent is.  We want to expose our little friends to camping and give them an appreciation for the outdoors.
Once we were packed and on our way and especially when we reached the canyon I was really glad we were camping.  The weather was beautiful.  The sky was so blue and when we reached the top of the canyon it felt like you could reach out and touch the sky.  That night the stars were amazing.  Trent and I hung out after the movie for a bit and enjoyed looking at the big dipper and other stars.  It really made us ponder the amazingness of our world and what God has created.
I am really grateful for my parents encouraging us to come and letting Luc and Jack stay in their trailer.  Trent, Ruby and I slept in a tent and it was a bit chilly.  I could not believe how much cooler the temps were.  We had a really good time hanging out with family, playing games, the kids biked, riding the rhino, watching an outdoor movie and eating yummy food! 
Glow sticks for all the kids.  Luc jumped roped with them before they pulled them all apart.



Setting up the screen and projector to watch an outdoor movie!
All snuggled in and waiting to watch the movie.



The scenery was beautiful.  Beautiful blue sky and the stars at night were awesome.
  My dad cooking up sausage for breakfast.  My aunt makes sour dough pancakes and then my dad and uncle cooked endless bacon and sausage.
Strike a pose....
All smiles to go on a ride in grandpa's rhino.


I heart my family....

Jack was very excited to go on this bike track.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: