1.12.2012

Journaling:Friday

Yea, we survived our week back in real life!  So nice that it was a four day week.  
We went and collected money this morning for "free dress friday" at the kids school.  Students pay $1 to wear what they want once a month.  We consistently collect around $550 each month so it's a great, easy fundraiser for the school.  This year the money is going towards a new gym floor.  Trent, Jackers, and I always go and collect the money and then help count it.  Today our friend Tammy said if Jack does something with money when he grows up you will know where it started.  He's been helping us for a year and 1/2 now count money and he's a little pro at it!

After the school Jack and I went to the Disney store to return some broken ornaments.  It was such a bummer because the Ovards gave the kids each a very cute ornament for Christmas, but they all had broken pieces when we unwrapped them.  Lucie was bummed because she wanted us to go to the store after school today, but 3 kids in the Disney store each deciding how to spend their money seemed  a little daunting to me!  I think Jack and I did pretty good making choices.  The girlies got matching princess flip flops and Jack got some deck shoes.  Jack was concerned if the girls would like their shoes.  He asked if I thought they would.  I reassured him if Lucie did not like them she could return them and I was pretty sure Ruby would LOVE them (this was true).  We couldn't go wrong with Ruby since they were princess, flip flops, and have a wedge hill!  She was ecstatic!  Update: Lucie was not too thrilled with her flops so I need to take her back. She is growing up and definitely has her opinions and own style.

Ruby and I have followed our usual afternoon routine of watching the 4th hour of the Today show and then Clifford the Big Red Dog.  It's our time to chill.  I love holding her on my lap and chatting with her.

Tonight Trent is going to surprise Jack by taking him to the BYU/Utah hockey game.  He is going to be soooo excited.  I think the girls and I will have a movie night!

No comments: