We have had a strange week at our house. Lucie was sick with a temperature of 102-104 for 4 days. On the 3rd day we took her to the doctor who thought it may be strep throat, but would treat it as a virus until the throat culture came back. It was not a very helpful doctor's appointment, but I think we needed to make that trip for other reasons....
We had only been home about 45 minutes from the doctor and Jack started crying a very strange cry and gasping for air. The short version of the story is that Jack became very sweaty and began to go in and out of consciousness. Believe me this was not a fun experience. 911 is not a fun phone number to call. The dispatcher was very nice and talked me through everything until the paramedics arrived. The paramedics were awesome as Jack had come out of what we now know was a type of seizure.
Jack was stable enough for us to drive him to the hospital. Jack then went through about 5 hours of tests...blood draws, EKG, cat scan. The nurses called him and "angel." We knew he was not feeling well because normal behavior would be down and checking everything out in the room or escaping the room!
It was a long day, but Jack and his mom and dad made it through! By nighttime he was acting more like himself. We took a couple of pictures on our camera phone and if we get those off I will post some pictures.
By Friday both Lucie and Jack were feeling better and we are crossing our fingers that we are finally done with the sick bug!
8.04.2007
Weird Week
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OK, horrible!! was the seizure from the fever? the learning curve on these things are always so fun! and did Lucie have strep? I hope they are still ok, and you guys are too. Lots of love
I hope all is well now at your house - could this happen again with Jack? I hope not! and I hope Lucie is doing ok - was it strep?
Your Mom said that you were also sick - are you feeling better? Take care-
Love to all
Post a Comment