11.26.2009

Grandma's Funeral

My grandma passed away on Tuesday November 17th.
It was a bittersweet good-bye.
I am so happy that she is grandma again, that she is complete and that she gets to be with grandpa again after 24 years apart.
It is sad for selfish reasons that we cannot go visit her or take her to lunch at Magleby's. That we don't have grandma here.
Last Wednesday was our sad day. Lucie went to school, but her teacher called mid morning and said she was having a hard day. I went and took a walk with her and then decided that she would come home for the rest of the day and we could be sad. We shared memories of grandma together.

Grandma's funeral was so nice. It was a perfect tribute to her. I am thankful for my dad and that he was able to conduct and giving closing remarks for his mom. It was a good family day.
The coloring is always kind of funny in pictures taken in churches. This is one of those pictures. I was joking with my family that the ghost bubble on my head was grandma wanting to be in the picture!
All of my dad's family.
Ruby was tired by the end of the funeral and luncheon. She just wanted to chill out and play with the flowers.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I'm so sorry your gramma died-- was it sudden? I can't imagine having my husband gone for 24 years-- that is so long.
Love to your family-

korth fam said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, even though we are so blessed with eternal families it's still hard to lose someone that you are close to. We hope that you and the kids will be ok and enjoy the wonderful memories you have. You have such a great little family!

jlohran said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandma! I know you guys were close. It did sound like you guys gave her a great tribute. Just know we are thinking of you.

Sally said...

Oh Ash! I am so sorry. Reading about Lucie's emotions was just so sad. She is such a tender little girl. It is such a great thing to know that losing our loved ones, especially those who have lived long happy lives, is mostly sad only because we miss them so much. I hope that Lucie's heart heals and that she'll be able to hold onto her memories. Love you!

Nicki said...

I was so sorry to hear about Grandma Taylor. I wish so much that I could have been there for the funeral. Thank you so much for letting me be so much a part of your family while I was in Utah. It is a joy. I miss you all so much and love you!