12.14.2009

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas
I am grateful to have a couple of quiet minutes to write down a few thoughts from our Christmas season. December has come so quickly and I feel like I have not been prepared with having everything wrapped and organized for delivery. There have been several times this month when I have been frustrated with myself that I have not been able to get my act together and get everything organized! Oh well, I realize that things will get done when they need to.
This past week I have had some really awesome experiences that have allowed me to feel the true spirit of Christmas...
I had the privilege of attending an activity girls dinner. The girls acted out the nativity story and then sang and signed the song Silent Night at the end. The spirit touched me and testified of the truthfulness of the Christ's birth. Half of the girls participating that night come from inactive or less active homes. How special that they had this opportunity to bring their families and act out the most important story in history and that they had the opportunity to feel the spirit. I am thankful for good activity day leaders who fulfill their callings that gave us a sweet moment like this.
Trent and I attended the temple this week and did sealings. We had 2 family names from Trent's side of the family to do while we were there. The sealer shared some amazing thoughts that night and I was touched as Trent and I each had the opportunity to give others the gift and opportunity of eternal life.
We had stake conference with the visiting authority Elder Lund. Both sessions that I attended I learned so much about how to be a better individual and inspiration/guidance for my calling. I was grateful for the instruction and opportunity to receive spiritual nourishment.
This life is about finding and living by the true principles of the gospel. Even in the busyness of December I am thankful for the many moments that I have had to feel the true spirit of Christmas. I am thankful for my 4 friends who remind me everyday what things are truly most important in this life.

4 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Is that your Christmas Card up top? 'Cause it is just beautiful!

I don't mean to be Scrooge, because I absolutely love Christmas-- but I do feel like the gift giving/insanity that accompanies this awesome holiday needs to slow down, kwim?

Sally said...

Ashlie Schoonmaker! YOU ARE THE BEST! Can you move to AZ please? I LOVE the card! Cute kids. :)

Harmoni said...

We are Thankful for you and wish you a merry christmas. Loves Harm and Parker

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Ashlie I just realized that both of us must love Shabby Princess. :)