Our family witnessed a miracle this past week! Last Monday we were not sure what was going to happen and were preparing to go to Missouri to be with Trent's family. It has been really amazing to see the outpouring of love and support from so many friends and family who have extended their prayers and faith on Tania's behalf. Thank you so much.
Tania made progress each day last week. A big step was on Saturday when she was moved from ICU. Last night Trent's dad sent an email that summarizes everything better than I can that I will include on Tania's current condition. Thank you again for everyone's emails, comments, thoughts, prayers, and faith. We have felt so much strength and support from so many.
Bob's email...
Tania was released from ICU status to regular hospital status on Saturday evening and was released from the hospital this afternoon and is now at home.
Tania was released from ICU status to regular hospital status on Saturday evening and was released from the hospital this afternoon and is now at home.
She had an echocardiogram this morning. Nathan (Tania's husband) indicated that the technician doing it was not very talkative and that he did not talk with the cardiologist before she left the hospital this afternoon. Obviously the test results were good enough that she has allowed to go home.
Nathan indicated that in previous discussions with the cardiologist he indicated that it would be a couple of months at least before a more complete assessment could be made of what level of damage there was to the heart muscle and how it had compensated.
My assessment is that although she is progressing nicely and is gaining strength, that she will continue to need our prayers and faith for a considerable period of time before we know how well her heart has survived the trauma of the past week.
At this point in time, I do not anticipate her condition changing significantly on a day to day basis and the frequency of updates will decrease significantly.
She will have an extended recovery period and the family will need assistance for a good deal of time, although it will decrease over time. More planning will need to be done in the days and weeks ahead to determine what level of assistance will be needed and how it can be filled.
Thank you so much for your prayers, faith, and support over the past two weeks.
Love, Dad

1 comment:
I had a feeling I needed to check your blog. I am so glad I did! I will keep your family in my prayers. I hope that everything will work out for the best and soon!
Your kids are beautiful as always. I hope you are holding up okay through all this.
Love ya!
Post a Comment