10.16.2012

Jack's Kennecott Field Trip

Jack's first field trip of the year was to Kennecott Copper Mine (September 20th). I was able to go with Jack and his class. It was an adventure for sure. 3 of the 4 first grade teachers were new to the school this year so this was their first field trip, the school bus got lost and some parents went to the park where we were meeting to eat and some headed right to Kennecott. The biggest problem was the mom who had Jack's class lunches went to Kennecott so they had no lunches at the park. It worked out ok though. The park that we went to was awesome. It was old school for sure and had great things to play on. The kids played and then we headed to Kennecott. It was a fast trip at the mine because of the bus getting lost. I don't think Jack minded. He looked over the edge into the big pit, had his picture taken by the big tire and cruised through the museum. I am glad I could be there. Jack was able to ride back home with me. I think he was feeling scrunched on the bus and it was a warm Fall day.  All and all it was a good day and I think Jack enjoyed it because he still talks about it quite a bit.
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: