A year or so ago the missionaries knocked on our door. They were asking about a sister in our ward and then they asked if they could setup an appointment to share a message with us. At first, I was a bit negative about this as I did not get why they should be wasting their time sharing a message with us. When they came to our home on the appointed night the message that they shared was amazing. I was very touched by the spirit and knew that they had been inspired to come to our house that day and had been prompted to make an appointment with us. They shared things that I needed to hear and I knew that Heavenly Father had led them to our home.
I was reminded of this experience with the missionaries today as I was watching the afternoon session of conference. Two talks that really touched my heart this afternoon were...Elder Bednar's on faith/prayer and Elder Ballard's on mothers. I had been feeling all week that there would something in conference that would touch my heart and again I was being somewhat hesitant thinking that Heavenly Father would not be able to touch my heart through conference. I kept watching, deep down hoping that something would be the words that I needed to hear. Elder Bednar's words were amazing and I felt like they were directed right for me. The reminder to trust in the Lord's will for each of us, that our faith can be increased if we but ask and do our part. I cannot wait for the written words to be available to read it again.
Elder Ballard's talk was amazing for every mother. I love when he spoke how each of our situations are unique and we all face differing challenges. This is something I have come to learn and appreciate. How blessed we are to have the ability to pray and ask for help with whatever unique challenges we may have. I know that my Heavenly Father lives and I felt His spirit through the inspired messages of his servants. What an amazing gospel this is and how blessed we are to be taught, strengthened, and uplifted through their messages.
4.06.2008
Inspired Leaders
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I totally agree Ashlie- I too love Elder Ballard's talk and it's exactly what I needed to hear! I can't wait 'til it comes out online so I can read it.
Ashlie what a testimony. Thank you for strengthening mine. I know how you feel. I felt the same way every conference I hope that the messages will be directed at me. It is amazing how the spirit works and touches our hearts at the moments we need it too. Great Weekend.
Hey Ashlie-
Thanks for sharing. I loved Elder Bednards talk too! It is so amazing how heavenly father knows exactly what we need. Love ya!
-Noelley
Ashlie..
Thank you for sharing your thoughts....you inspire me to be a better person. Love you, Engor
Unfortunately we were only able to listen to the afternoon session on Sunday! So we will be waiting for the printed copy so catch up! I can only imagine that all the messeages were very good!
Love you-
s/b
Post a Comment