4.15.2008

Borrowing Dogs for Show and Tell...

We do not own a dog because I think it seems like a lot of work and we are not big dog people!! We have family that live close by that have dogs that we can enjoy. I did not know if Lucie really liked the dogs that much, but earlier this year my sister and husband were sending one of their dogs to live on a farm and Lucie was really sad. She probably shed the most tears. Just a few months later my mom and dad had to put one of their dogs to sleep and Lucie was very concerned about where Copper was going live now. She watched my dad and Nick dig a hole to bury Copper and later when Trent got home from work Lucie ran to tell him that "Copper went to heaven right behind the bbq!" She has said many sweet prayers for Copper hoping that she would be well in her new home.
A few weeks ago she asked Noelle if she could take her little dog Oscar for show and tell. Noelle agreed and so I took Oscar. Oscar was pretty good at first, but was a little tired and snappy by the end. He was not quite sure of all the kids in his face because they really liked him. Luckily he has a little dog kennel so it was easy to put him away when he was done.

After my dad and Nick purchased a dog on a whim a few weeks ago I was just waiting for Lucie to ask to take Sox for show and tell. I was not as excited or eager about taking Sox because she is a bit energetic. Sure enough one Monday she asked if Sox could come to class on Wednesday. My immediate response was you're going to have to ask papa if he will bring her. Lucie was so eager for my dad to get home from work that night so she could ask. Luckily my dad told her "yes!"

Sox was actually really well behaved. She did really well with the kids and let everyone pet her. My dad was really good with her and with the kids and I was glad that he was willing to come. THANKS!

All I can say is thank heavens for dogs we can borrow!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Hee hee! I'm not a big dog person either-- I always say I'm raising kids, not pets ;). What a nice nice grandpa!

jlohran said...

I used to be the biggest dog person until I became a home owner now I am all for borrowing others-- you guys really have the best of both worlds your family can have the pets and you can enjoy them and then go home to your own home.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love the show and tell thing? Gotta love Grandpa and Noelle for sharing!!
Love you-
s/b

Laura said...

I am totally a dog person. Kelly keeps saying we will never get one, but I have a feeling that Mary will one day talk him into it. ;) That is so cute about the prayers. Lucie is a sweetheart.

Sally said...

I was so close to getting a dog right when Livi was born...hmmm...I think I am happy not having to take care of one more slobbery kid. I think Lucie is such a riot!

cpcox99 said...

I hear you on not being a dog person. I feel like I have enough to do without adding the extra work of caring for an animal. Plus they're expensive! But, that is super nice that all your family will let you borrow their dogs. :) Cute pics!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Where are the Schoonmakers?! You must be busy! Come back! :)