Today Lucie's class was tie dying t-shirts for their class shirts. Then they get to wear them once a month to school as a free day from uniform. Jack and I went to help with the dying during their recess.


On the left is Lucie and her teacher, on the right is Lucie standing by the drying t-shirts.

The whole class by the finished products!
So, I was outside with other moms hanging up the finished t-shirts to dry and Lucie came running back out of her classroom. She bit her lip during snack time and it started to bleed. She was very sad. It was time for her class to go to art so her teacher said I could along and be a helper. Jack was awesome...he jumped right in line with the other children to go to art!! He was so good. He sat on my lap and listened intently to the story that the art teacher read and then the teacher was so nice and gave him a paper to work on as well. Near the end of art class the teacher asked the children to put away their crayons and fold their arms and a few would be able to share what they drew. I was at the back of the class and when I looked up to check on Jack at the front he had followed directions exactly...he had put away his crayons and was folding his arms and listening to the children share. I had to sneak a quick picture because it was so sweet! He was an honorary kindergartner today!


On the left is Lucie and her teacher, on the right is Lucie standing by the drying t-shirts.

The whole class by the finished products!
So, I was outside with other moms hanging up the finished t-shirts to dry and Lucie came running back out of her classroom. She bit her lip during snack time and it started to bleed. She was very sad. It was time for her class to go to art so her teacher said I could along and be a helper. Jack was awesome...he jumped right in line with the other children to go to art!! He was so good. He sat on my lap and listened intently to the story that the art teacher read and then the teacher was so nice and gave him a paper to work on as well. Near the end of art class the teacher asked the children to put away their crayons and fold their arms and a few would be able to share what they drew. I was at the back of the class and when I looked up to check on Jack at the front he had followed directions exactly...he had put away his crayons and was folding his arms and listening to the children share. I had to sneak a quick picture because it was so sweet! He was an honorary kindergartner today!


3 comments:
I love the t-shirts and how fun for the kids to get to tye-dye!!! Jack is the perfect student - what a cutie!
Love you-
p.s. I hope the little group that got dropped off at your house are doing ok - they were so excited to play with Jack and Lucie - especially Macie! Papa couldn't hurry fast enough for her!
Your kids are just growing up so fast..They are just such great kids. Thanks for sharing..
Harm
Aw what a little cutie. He's all set for school!
Post a Comment