9.28.2008

Firsts

We had a few "firsts" this week.
Jack went to the dentist for the very first time. Trent wondered if I was trying to torture myself by taking Jack to the dentist, but it was one of those situations where Jack never siezes to amaze us. He did absolutely awesome! I know in the picture he looks like he is a little out of it. He sat in the chair and opened his mouth and layed there nicely for the whole checkup! He was probably very motivated by getting a new toothbrush, a tooth timer, dental floss, a little car and a certificate for a free happy meal from Del Taco. He knew about all of these things from when Lucie went to her checkup a couple of months ago.

Jack dressed himself for preschool...hence the blue shorts and blue shirt, his rain boots and cowboy hat (that is too small)! Whatever makes him happy at 8am!

Lucie received her first school pictures.
Funny Story...On Friday afternoon I went to help in Lucie's classroom. When I walked in her teacher had a bit of a "I am surprised to see you look" on her face. She then told me that Lucie had told her that I had the baby last night! She told her teacher a name and that her aunt had her baby as well! We had a good laugh! After school when we were driving home I told Lucie that her teacher was a bit surprised to see me today and she just started giggling! I thought it was hilarious how quickly she knew what I was talking about!

9 comments:

cpcox99 said...

These kids are too smart, aren't they? What a funny joke Lucie played on her teacher and you!

the brooks bunch said...

I love the boots on Jack - he is just the best! and so brave to go to the dentist! Lucie has such a great imagination and her pics from school are so so cute!
Love you-

Harmoni said...

What is it with boys and those stinking Rubber boots. I still don't have hair on my leg from when parker wore his all the time. You have some great kids and I miss not seeing them much. Hope all is well.
We love you guys
Harm and parker

jlohran said...

Could Lucie be any cuter? That picture is to die for! Jack sounds like he did a lot better than Chase-- I had to hold Chase the whole time and he cried-- and he did have two cavities! Urgh!

megan said...

what a cute school picture!!!! Jack what can I say he has style. I love the rain boots of course I hope he wears them forever. Maybe jack will be on project runway someday. I love his picks.

Noelley's Life said...

I love Jack's attire. The best was yesterday in 85 degree weather and he had on his winter hat!!! Lucie has always been the best story teller! Love ya!

-Noelle

jayni & ben said...

I love Jack's outfit. I can't wait to let my kids dress themselves. I think that is when they look the cutest!! Lucie is so funny. She makes me laugh. I love sitting behind you guys in church. You have a cute family!!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Lol I can't believe he just sat there at the dentist! I'm just not sure what my boys would do. At the very least look like they were freaked. Lucie's picture is so cute!

Nicki said...

They are both so funny! Jack is so good and knows how to get the reward! Lucie and her stories. She amazes me with her ability to understand things!! She is so smart and they are both so cute. I miss you and love you bunches!