11.26.2008

The Early Bird Gets the Worm

For the past few days Jack has decided that he likes to get up at 6:30am. This is great on school days because we have plenty of time to get ready, but on days off it is not so fun. Yesterday Trent told Jack that he could sleep in today because we did not have anywhere to be. Lucie, Jack and Trent were joking about the saying "the early bird gets the worm" and Trent told them whoever was up before 7am this morning would get to eat a worm!
This morning at 6:45 Trent hears Lucie and Jack's bedroom door open and then close again. A few minutes later
Jack hollers down the hallway - dad I have to go to the bathroom really bad.
Trent - ok then go
Lucie (in a panicked voice) - will he have to eat a worm, i have tried to keep him in here as long as possible!

6 comments:

the brooks bunch said...

That is to cute! Can't wait til tomorrow!
Love you-

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

LOL that is so cute. She's such a sweetie. Yeah I'm not a fan of the 6:30 am wake up, either.

Harmoni said...

That is the stinken cutest thing.. Thanks for such a fun fun turkey day..
We love you guys
harm and Parker

korth fam said...

oh that's so funny, I'm gonna try it on Andrew. too too funny

Sally said...

There are 2 things that I love about this story in addition to the cuteness of it. #1 - Lucie's concern for Jack. #2 - The fact that Trent brought to light the negative part of "getting the worm". I love it!

LisaJ said...

Too cute!! That's 1 positive thing about having twins. My babies wake up really early, but they stay in their crib making each other giggle for at least an hour each morning!