11.04.2008

Voting

Last night on the news they showed the long lines for early voting in SL County. For the past several years Trent and I have been able to walk right in to our polling location at 7am and be done within a few minutes...no line!
Not this year. I pulled up to the polling location at 6:50 this morning and there was a line of at least 50 people outside. The janitor said people started lining up at 6am! I was shocked and impressed! People really are taking voting more seriously this year! That is awesome! As Tim Russert would have said, "what a country!"
We live in a great country where we have the right to vote and no matter what happens today with any of the outcomes our country will keep working tomorrow (all the good and bad!). And then we can listen to the media do the post-election analysis for days or then they will probably move on to 2012. Can we vote to have the media take a vacation!!!
On Sunday we were talking about the election at dinner. Lucie has taken quite an interest in the election. She has learned about it at school, from the little bit that we have had the news on, and from conversations that we have had with others. She knows both presidential candidate names, their wives names, and the governor of our state. At Lucie's school they did a mock election last week. At dinner she said, "I voted for John McCain." Jack perked up and said, "I vote for Handy Manny!" I guess he could be a write in candidate!
It was great to see first hand the patriotism of our country today. I am glad that I waited in line (45 minutes) to vote and "leave my print!"

6 comments:

jlohran said...

I love it! I also loved the Halloween costumes-- donald is a crack up!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Yay for voting!

McRae Family said...

I definately vote for the Media to take a vacation!

Momma Ann said...

So appreciated the patriotic comments, especially after a bitter loss tonight. I was proud of McCains comments at his loss, but do not agree that it was his fault totally--certainly the media has it in for Republicans in general or anyone with a conservative opinion. Surely we will need to look to the leaders of our church in preparation for challenging times ahead. Darling pics, and wow, I think G. Schoonie has aged. Haven't seen him for a L O N G time. Loves from Oregon--definitely one of the most liberal states ever! Bad . . .

LisaJ said...

President Handy Manny....that has a great ring to it!! Your kids are so cute!

the brooks bunch said...

I wondered what the media would do when this election thing was all over - I am thinking now they will just keep replaying tuesday night over and over again til 2012!!!
Love you -