1.20.2009

I am a Child of God and a Few Other Thoughts


We did this I am a Child of God activity for FHE last week. Lucie and Jack thought it was so much fun to create their own crowns and one for Ruby. You can find the activity here.

I really like the January issue of Real Simple Magazine. The magazine conducted a survery to find out what makes men and women happy. I really like this one...

3 things the happiest women do
1.They cancel appointments to get more time alone.
2.They don't always answer the phone.
3.They know how to say no (I can't say this is the easiest thing for me to do!!).

When I read this it reminded me of Elder Perry's conference talk. How blessed we are to have inspired leaders!

Also, check out this website...it is a great little organization tool.

And one final thought...on Sunday night we attended a stake fireside that Sister Oaks spoke at. She is such a cute lady and shared lots of good advice and thoughts on the gospel. Her husband Elder Oaks came to support her and listen to her talk. He sat in the congregation with some of his family and did share his testimony at the end. We had the opportunity to shake his hand. I love feeling the spirit that an apostle brings into a room. It is indescribable. The reverence of the meeting was so peaceful. When you have this kind of experience you just know the church is true.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

the brooks bunch said...

I love it when you share your thoughts and feelings! Thanks
Love you-

korth fam said...

What a fun FHE, and what an amazing opportunity to hear one of the apostles and his wife, we don't always get the wife's testimony, I bet it was awesome!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Your kids look so cute in their little crowns! Did you get a new camera?

Sally said...

We did that same activity for FHE last month! I am LOVING Ruby's crown especially. She is such a doll!