In years past I honestly have not paid attention to this holiday. In fact I think that there have been several years where I even forgot or did not even think about wearing green. BUT this year was slightly different. My little jackers friend came home from school a couple of weeks ago talking about the leprechan and what we need to watch out for. He will leave footprints, a treasure...and when we would come home from somewhere he would say i wonder if a leprechan has been here?So, I decided I better be somewhat creative and keep his imagination wheels turning. Yesterday our little magical leprechan friend left a green bag with the ingredients to make these...
You can find the recipe and the picture came from here. My friends and I had a fun time making our rainbow treat. They were yummy and ours turned out just like the picture! Yeah! They kept saying out loud..."thank you leprechan for bringing us a treat!"This morning our little leprechan friend left a trail of gold coins (aka pennies) from our friends beds to the kitchen where they found their treasure...
I always like to see my friends faces light up when they get excited. I do have to remember though that Luc was a bit skeptical at the first treasure. She was doing a bit of deductive reasoning.Mom did you do it?
You know mom fairies are not real and leprechauns are fairies.
I reminded her to believe in magic and she was cool with that explanation, but I tell you what it is hard for me to keep a straight face. I am going to have to work on that!
You know mom fairies are not real and leprechauns are fairies.
I reminded her to believe in magic and she was cool with that explanation, but I tell you what it is hard for me to keep a straight face. I am going to have to work on that!

1 comment:
Those cupcakes are totally awesome! I am the same as you. . . even though my kids are totally into this holiday, I find it quite. . . lame.
Post a Comment