3.09.2010

So Random...

Sometimes life feels so random...the events that happen, the things our little friends say. It makes for fun and adventure at every turn. Our February was one happening after another! Somebody asked me about our blog yesterday and I said I think it has been a month since I last posted anything and Trent spoke up and said "January 25th to be precise!" It's been awhile. February felt like it was one day. Finally, this week I feel like I am feeling rested and motivated to actually tackle things beyond the most important/essential things of taking care of my friends, cooking, and laundry! It is just when you are thinking things are going so smoothly...wham a wrench gets thrown in and we have to learn to adjust and rely on the help and strength of others.
February began with my littlest friend getting sick. I thought it was going to just be random cold, but she quickly went down hill and ended up spending 3 1/2 days in the hospital with RSV and pneumonia. It was completely crazy. I will journal about this experience with hospital pictures in another post. Here is a picture of her before she was hospitalized. She did not walk or want to be put down for several days. This particular morning I laid her by the bathroom door so I could take a shower and she did not move. She was a sad little friend.

This random note made me laugh! We received this nice little note from our insurance company letting us know of our impending hospital bills!

It's all good! We really did receive great care while at the hospital...nice nurses, nice resident doc, nice treats (that I am sure are figured into the daily room charge:)
Lucie completed her first report and presentation. Her class learned about our Solar System during January and February and then she was assigned to give a report on the earth. She did so good at collecting five facts and then she wrote the fact on the outside of a file folder and then put a picture on the inside to demonstrate/show the fact to her class. Trent was able to go see her present her report and said she did a fabulous job!

We celebrated Valentine's with some yummy pink, heart shaped pancakes...

And surprised our friends with a family vacation coming up in a few weeks! I am soooo excited!

Ruby was so excited to see Sophia when she returned home from the hospital. Their reaction was so cute!

Trent and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. It is kind of crazy how it all worked out because we kept trying to make plans and nothing was working out to do anything. When Ruby became sick we understood why nothing was working out!

I celebrated my birthday with my family. These are 2 sweet cards from my sister-in-laws.

Trent took Luc and Jack shopping because they each wanted to pick out a gift for me. A few weeks before my birthday Jack asked me if I needed a new toothbrush. I kept thinking this was such a random question for my 4 year old to be asking me. Then he started telling me to not get a new toothbrush before my birthday! Trent took him to the grocery store and he picked out this toothbrush all on his own! Later, Trent said I tried to direct him the direction of the nice Oral B toothbrushes, but he insisted on the yellow western family one! It is a priceless gift because he came up with it all on his own and he picked it out just for me.


2 friends enjoying a dish of ice cream together!

At the end of February we spent a day and night in Salt Lake with my family. We don't have a lot of time to spend all together these days so it was fun to hang out, eat good food, and be with family.

We attended a session at the SL Temple, which was awesome. That temple is incredible. We felt bad because my dad became sick at the last minute and so my parents were not able to attend with us. We enjoyed going with Nick and Noelle. One last random thing...my cousin watched our friends for us while we were at the temple. Her and her husband are saints because Ruby and Jack were both extremely sad as we were getting ready to leave (I am sure it was just because we were going to the temple). They worked themselves up so much that Jack threw up right before we left and Ruby threw up right after we left. They were soooo nice to still take such great care of them and not throw them outside!!
I am grateful for family who helped us so much during the month. My mom, dad, and Noelle did so much to help us out with getting friends to school, cleaning our house, doing laundry, just being there for us while Ruby was sick. To my brother and sister-in-law for watching Ruby on Sundays so Trent and I can both attend church. THANK YOU and Love You!

3 comments:

Julie and Nigel said...

Sorry that Ruby has been so poorly. Hope she is much better now. Hope you and Trent had a great Wedding Anniversary and you had a wonderful Birthday, despite everything.
Love from Julie & Nigel x

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Poor lil sweet girl! Breaks my heart she was so sick. I hope she is completely better and happy and healthy!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Poor lil sweet girl! Breaks my heart she was so sick. I hope she is completely better and happy and healthy!