Jack turned 5 at the end of August!
I think each of my little friends are growing faster than the one previous.
I have been collecting things that Jack is been saying for a few months now and I need to type them up or I am afraid I am going to lose the random pieces of paper! First, though I love this picture of my little buddy! Usually when I say stand still, smile, and I am going to take a picture the funky, cheesy grins come out, but when I look at this one I see my true Jack, who melts my heart with his sweet smile and his "I LOVE YOU MY MOM!"
We went to temple square in August and after attending a concert we were walking back across the grounds. Jack asked if we could see the Christ Statue in the North Visitors building. Since, it was just getting dark we knew we would be able to see it outside. As we came around the tabernacle I was holding Jack's hand as he caught the first glimpse of the statue I could tell that he was in awe. He said, "there's Jesus." Then he said, "I feel like I am moving to outer space when I see Jesus with the night sky." It was a perfect evening outside. And the backdrop of the night sky and seeing the statue of Christ really touched him. It was a really sweet moment for me and even typing it makes me feel that peace and the spirit of that night again. I felt such a confirmation at that moment as a mom that we are on the right path as a family.
Jack has really been enjoying going over to my parents house and chatting with them. On Sunday he was talking about camping with them and my mom told me this story....Jack told my parents that he was going to get a trailer with ones of those hooks on them. Then my mom said he started thinking for a minute and decided instead of getting one of those trailers with a hook he would get a motor home because it would be all in one! He thought maybe Lucie could get a motor home too so that they could go together and then they would have to talk about and see which of them was going to take their mom and dad with them!!
Jack is always very complimentary with Luc. He will say: "Wow, Luc your hair looks beautiful!"
Some one liners/words that Jack has been overheard saying:
I have a big day tomorrow!
Oh my heavens!
I'm serious!
If he does something wrong he says, "oh, man I really didn't mean to"
One day he asked as we were driving how many people live in Utah? I think I probably said a lot. And then he responded back with can we drive by all of their houses!
About a month ago Jack and I were hanging out in our family room. The conversation went like this:
J: I love you mom, you are good lady!
M: Thanks, buddy you are a sweetheart.
J: When I go off to college you can come visit me.
M: Ok, thanks. I am glad I can visit you.
J: Do they have a hotel I stay at when I go to college?
M: You get to live in dorms (I explained what these were) or you get to choose where you live.
J: Do they assign me classes?
M: No, you get to choose what classes you take.
J: Ok, I choose math, science and 1st grade!!
Another short conversation:
M: Do you want to cut your own pancake or do you want me to do it?
J: I prefer you do it!
This story is just from this week. My mom and dad were getting ready to go on a road trip. One of the places they were going was Colorado. Jack immediately thought of Colorado Springs because that is where we go. He told my parents the following:
"When you get there the hotel will be in the middle of town. In the morning you can go downstairs for a free breakfast and there should be a phone in your room that you can call for pizza!"
Jack is usually very animated when he is talking or telling a story. My mom said his hands were going when he was describing the hotel to them!
I am VERY thankful for Jack. He truly makes me a better person by stretching my patience and helping me learn how to be a more nurturing mom.
I love you MY buddy!
I have been collecting things that Jack is been saying for a few months now and I need to type them up or I am afraid I am going to lose the random pieces of paper! First, though I love this picture of my little buddy! Usually when I say stand still, smile, and I am going to take a picture the funky, cheesy grins come out, but when I look at this one I see my true Jack, who melts my heart with his sweet smile and his "I LOVE YOU MY MOM!"
We went to temple square in August and after attending a concert we were walking back across the grounds. Jack asked if we could see the Christ Statue in the North Visitors building. Since, it was just getting dark we knew we would be able to see it outside. As we came around the tabernacle I was holding Jack's hand as he caught the first glimpse of the statue I could tell that he was in awe. He said, "there's Jesus." Then he said, "I feel like I am moving to outer space when I see Jesus with the night sky." It was a perfect evening outside. And the backdrop of the night sky and seeing the statue of Christ really touched him. It was a really sweet moment for me and even typing it makes me feel that peace and the spirit of that night again. I felt such a confirmation at that moment as a mom that we are on the right path as a family.
Jack has really been enjoying going over to my parents house and chatting with them. On Sunday he was talking about camping with them and my mom told me this story....Jack told my parents that he was going to get a trailer with ones of those hooks on them. Then my mom said he started thinking for a minute and decided instead of getting one of those trailers with a hook he would get a motor home because it would be all in one! He thought maybe Lucie could get a motor home too so that they could go together and then they would have to talk about and see which of them was going to take their mom and dad with them!!
Jack is always very complimentary with Luc. He will say: "Wow, Luc your hair looks beautiful!"
Some one liners/words that Jack has been overheard saying:
I have a big day tomorrow!
Oh my heavens!
I'm serious!
If he does something wrong he says, "oh, man I really didn't mean to"
One day he asked as we were driving how many people live in Utah? I think I probably said a lot. And then he responded back with can we drive by all of their houses!
About a month ago Jack and I were hanging out in our family room. The conversation went like this:
J: I love you mom, you are good lady!
M: Thanks, buddy you are a sweetheart.
J: When I go off to college you can come visit me.
M: Ok, thanks. I am glad I can visit you.
J: Do they have a hotel I stay at when I go to college?
M: You get to live in dorms (I explained what these were) or you get to choose where you live.
J: Do they assign me classes?
M: No, you get to choose what classes you take.
J: Ok, I choose math, science and 1st grade!!
Another short conversation:
M: Do you want to cut your own pancake or do you want me to do it?
J: I prefer you do it!
This story is just from this week. My mom and dad were getting ready to go on a road trip. One of the places they were going was Colorado. Jack immediately thought of Colorado Springs because that is where we go. He told my parents the following:
"When you get there the hotel will be in the middle of town. In the morning you can go downstairs for a free breakfast and there should be a phone in your room that you can call for pizza!"
Jack is usually very animated when he is talking or telling a story. My mom said his hands were going when he was describing the hotel to them!
I am VERY thankful for Jack. He truly makes me a better person by stretching my patience and helping me learn how to be a more nurturing mom.
I love you MY buddy!


2 comments:
What a cute 5 year old!!!
Oh Ash! Thanks so much for this post. It almost made me cry. I can't believe Jack is already 5 years old. How did he get so big? He is so sweet. You are a wonderful woman and mother and you seriously have such a great family. I love you so much and I miss you!
Post a Comment