It had a little bit of everything....
peace
quiet
adventure
sweatiness (our church was 150 degrees:)
food
love
I was surprised with cards from Luc, Jack and Ruby. All of their teachers are so nice to make things with them in class for Mother's Day. Trent did not have any church meetings today and it was bliss! He fixed breakfast, we rode to church together. We did have a bit of a rush out the door. I always think we have more time than we really do on Sunday mornings.
Church was busy. We had a lot of people at church today....a farewell and 30 new people in our ward (from the Married Student Wards that were dissolved last Sunday). We kept getting scrunched together on our bench and the heat was on in our building. I think my friends think I am a jungle gym and my parents were so kind to be participants today as well. During Primary I held Lucie's notebook and she had colored blue on the cover. I looked down to find my hands and shirt all blue!
We had dinner with my family. My parents made turkey dinner and chocolate cake for dessert. The meal tasted so good!
I read this saying on a friend's blog this morning and thought it summarized being a MOM. I love my responsibility and role as a MOM. It is tough to always have patience and love in the day to day frustrations of getting my friends to pick up their rooms and their shoes, to be polite and kind to others....when I see their smiles, when I can wipe away their tears, make up a silly song to make them laugh, when they try best....those moments are sweeter than sweet.
(not sure who to give proper credit to for this saying...i did change a couple things)
I love that tomorrow morning, the sun is sure to rise, and I love that if I’m lucky, I’ll find a moment to go outside and stand in it. I love that at 9 am, I’ll hear little feet pitter patting their way to the potty and then in to make sure I haven’t sleep a solitary moment longer than necessary. I love that I’ll get to make breakfast, wash dishes, hold hands, make lunches and kiss boo boos. I love that at one point or another, I’m guaranteed to want to hide in the bathroom to find one tiny moment of solitude and peace. I love that there will be chaos, all kinds of glorious madness, and that I’ll have to walk a 2 year old to the naughty chair approximately seven hundred and forty-six times...k not really that many times but it sounds funny. I love that the day will stretch, pull, trample and prod at every recess of my heart and that it is likely to test my will to the breaking point. . . because all these things are evidence that life is good and that God always giveth FAR more than he taketh.
peace
quiet
adventure
sweatiness (our church was 150 degrees:)
food
love
I was surprised with cards from Luc, Jack and Ruby. All of their teachers are so nice to make things with them in class for Mother's Day. Trent did not have any church meetings today and it was bliss! He fixed breakfast, we rode to church together. We did have a bit of a rush out the door. I always think we have more time than we really do on Sunday mornings.
Church was busy. We had a lot of people at church today....a farewell and 30 new people in our ward (from the Married Student Wards that were dissolved last Sunday). We kept getting scrunched together on our bench and the heat was on in our building. I think my friends think I am a jungle gym and my parents were so kind to be participants today as well. During Primary I held Lucie's notebook and she had colored blue on the cover. I looked down to find my hands and shirt all blue!
We had dinner with my family. My parents made turkey dinner and chocolate cake for dessert. The meal tasted so good!
I read this saying on a friend's blog this morning and thought it summarized being a MOM. I love my responsibility and role as a MOM. It is tough to always have patience and love in the day to day frustrations of getting my friends to pick up their rooms and their shoes, to be polite and kind to others....when I see their smiles, when I can wipe away their tears, make up a silly song to make them laugh, when they try best....those moments are sweeter than sweet.
(not sure who to give proper credit to for this saying...i did change a couple things)
I love that tomorrow morning, the sun is sure to rise, and I love that if I’m lucky, I’ll find a moment to go outside and stand in it. I love that at 9 am, I’ll hear little feet pitter patting their way to the potty and then in to make sure I haven’t sleep a solitary moment longer than necessary. I love that I’ll get to make breakfast, wash dishes, hold hands, make lunches and kiss boo boos. I love that at one point or another, I’m guaranteed to want to hide in the bathroom to find one tiny moment of solitude and peace. I love that there will be chaos, all kinds of glorious madness, and that I’ll have to walk a 2 year old to the naughty chair approximately seven hundred and forty-six times...k not really that many times but it sounds funny. I love that the day will stretch, pull, trample and prod at every recess of my heart and that it is likely to test my will to the breaking point. . . because all these things are evidence that life is good and that God always giveth FAR more than he taketh.


1 comment:
what a sweet post ashlie! i am glad you had a great day with your adorable little family. you deserve it :-)
Post a Comment