5.17.2011

Schoonie Reunion Talent Show

Schoonie Reunion
May 14th and 15th, 2011
In conjunction with Greg and Debbie Griffith's (Trent's uncle and aunt) retiring from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir we held a short Schoonie Family Reunion. We spent time visiting on Saturday afternoon, Cynthia did a short family history activity, which was very good. I did not take many pictures because Kelly and Laura were doing such a good job with that. When we get all of their pictures I will add to this.
Cynthia taught the kids about ancestors and descendants. They loved learning about other family members. She had a picture of each 1st generation grandparents and had the children put a smiley face by the picture/family they belong with. She shared a few stories, one that I like is about a great, great grandmother who was born so early that the dr did not think she would survive. Her parents put her in a shoe box with cotton balls because she was so tiny and kept her in an oven to keep her warm. They would feed her through a dropper. She survived! The resourcefulness and faith is incredible.
After dinner on Saturday we had a family talent show. This has become a tradition at each family reunion. I never participate, but I LOVE this time because Trent comes from a talented family and everyone always does a fabulous job and everyone always feels comfortable participating. I remember even when Lucie was 2 she wanted to participate and sang the ABC's. This time was no exception. Both Lucie and Jack were excited to share their talents....
Jack wanted to break dance. This is not a very good picture, but it is the only one I was able to get.

Lucie decided at the reunion to sing a bug song with her cousins Clara and Natalie. These girls just immediately clicked on Saturday. They started calling themselves the 3 musketeers and by Sunday had already planned a summer sleepover. Angie, Natalie's mom was so nice and ran home (luckily it was around the corner from the church we were at) to get Lucie a costume to wear in the talent show with Natalie and Clara.

Lucie played the piano as well. She played Fanfare and did an excellent job!

It was so good to catch up with lots of the Schoonmaker family. Cynthia and family, Griffith's family, and 5 of the Papworth's (Ann, Katherine, Cheryl, Carol and Shauna) were able to come. The Cook family and us represented the Bob Schoonmaker family. Trent's parents were not able to attend because they were in Washington DC for Nicki's graduation! Congrats to Nicki for her graduation from Physical Therapy school!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: