Whoa, I fell off the wagon of keeping our memories updated! It has been awhile since I really sat down and recorded the activities that our family has up to. I did good for about 45 days on keeping up on the picture a day, but we became busy we other things and now I just need to get back to journaling our activities!
(side note...curse blogger right about now...I had a post all typed and whoosh it was all erased in a split second...I will try again:)
During the day on Monday I said to my father-in-law that this day was flying by. Somewhat along these lines he responded with wouldn't you rather that time keep moving along fast rather than slow. This thought started me thinking about both of my grandmas who both lived several years after their husbands had passed away. I know that they were both happy and made the best of their time, but I also bet that somedays probably felt like an eternity when there were no visitors or kids running around. There are so many times when I want to stop time and keep my little friends the ages that they are, but each year they continue to grow and we see their sweet, sassy, adventurous, drama filled, fun, personalities develop. I cannot stop time and if time did stop I would probably complain anyways. Instead of wishing the days would slow down I need to embrace each day and be better about recording memories so that I can always remember the good, the bad, the ugly, the fun, the everything in between!
Last week Lucie asked if she could read some of my journals. After awhile she told my she had to read something to me. It was an entry from 1996 and it was a day when Noelle and I were in a fight. At first I was embarrassed that Lucie was reading this, but my embarrassment turned to gratitude as I realized I would have never remembered this fight with Noelle if I had not written it down in my journal and I think it's important to remember the day to day events and remembering how we have overcome challenges and how blessed we are. Something in my father-in-laws comment just made sense. My hope is that I can embrace time and watch it pass with faith and peace.
We have not had very many dull moments around our house. Our April was filled with family and friends! We took a trip to California with the Wrights, Trent's sister Melanie stayed with us the week we returned from California, we celebrated Easter with grandma and grandpa Taylor and the Ovards and we had grandpa and grandma Schoonie stay with us the last week of April.
When Grandma Schoonie arrived she immediately took Lucie shopping for fabric and a dress pattern. She is making her a dress for her 8th birthday. Lucie has been looking forward to this for several months. Grandma and Lucie came home from shopping giggling! Lucie had a great time listening to grandma tell stories about Trent as a little boy and Lucie had fun telling grandma knock-knock jokes.
When grandpa arrived Trent, grandpa and Luc went right to the grocery store to get Haagen Dazs bars. It is a tradition now to have Haagen Dazs bars with grandpa Schoonie. Grandpa and Ruby would share one everyday at Disney World!
(side note...curse blogger right about now...I had a post all typed and whoosh it was all erased in a split second...I will try again:)
During the day on Monday I said to my father-in-law that this day was flying by. Somewhat along these lines he responded with wouldn't you rather that time keep moving along fast rather than slow. This thought started me thinking about both of my grandmas who both lived several years after their husbands had passed away. I know that they were both happy and made the best of their time, but I also bet that somedays probably felt like an eternity when there were no visitors or kids running around. There are so many times when I want to stop time and keep my little friends the ages that they are, but each year they continue to grow and we see their sweet, sassy, adventurous, drama filled, fun, personalities develop. I cannot stop time and if time did stop I would probably complain anyways. Instead of wishing the days would slow down I need to embrace each day and be better about recording memories so that I can always remember the good, the bad, the ugly, the fun, the everything in between!
Last week Lucie asked if she could read some of my journals. After awhile she told my she had to read something to me. It was an entry from 1996 and it was a day when Noelle and I were in a fight. At first I was embarrassed that Lucie was reading this, but my embarrassment turned to gratitude as I realized I would have never remembered this fight with Noelle if I had not written it down in my journal and I think it's important to remember the day to day events and remembering how we have overcome challenges and how blessed we are. Something in my father-in-laws comment just made sense. My hope is that I can embrace time and watch it pass with faith and peace.
We have not had very many dull moments around our house. Our April was filled with family and friends! We took a trip to California with the Wrights, Trent's sister Melanie stayed with us the week we returned from California, we celebrated Easter with grandma and grandpa Taylor and the Ovards and we had grandpa and grandma Schoonie stay with us the last week of April.
When Grandma Schoonie arrived she immediately took Lucie shopping for fabric and a dress pattern. She is making her a dress for her 8th birthday. Lucie has been looking forward to this for several months. Grandma and Lucie came home from shopping giggling! Lucie had a great time listening to grandma tell stories about Trent as a little boy and Lucie had fun telling grandma knock-knock jokes.
When grandpa arrived Trent, grandpa and Luc went right to the grocery store to get Haagen Dazs bars. It is a tradition now to have Haagen Dazs bars with grandpa Schoonie. Grandpa and Ruby would share one everyday at Disney World!
Miss Poser!
Dig In!
We made shakes for grandma one night.
CHEERS!
Ruby loves tapping food or glasses with people and saying cheers. It started out as saying same-same when she would be eating the same thing as someone else, now she has changed it to CHEERS!
Ruby loves tapping food or glasses with people and saying cheers. It started out as saying same-same when she would be eating the same thing as someone else, now she has changed it to CHEERS!



No comments:
Post a Comment