6.15.2012

Cookie Break

Some days I just need a treat! This particular day Lucie was bored, Ruby was naughty and I was trying to make everyone happy. Lucie has been wanting to cook so I had her make these cookies today. They were way too easy and way too good. They reminded me of the Albertsons Spritz cookies that Noelle and I used to ask for every time we went to the grocery store.  I wish I had some right now.

 
Last week was an adjustment week. And I don't think we are completely through the adjustment, but I am hoping I am more aware of individual needs and can help each of my friends in the ways that they need. I get way tired, especially in the afternoons. I was so used to doing a few things in the morning and then when Jack would leave to go to Kindergarten in the afternoon Ruby and I would have quiet/nap time. Ruby is my snuggle friend. Needless to say it is hard not have that much quiet time in the afternoon and I think Ruby and I are both missing our afternoons together. One day last week I had just finished feeding Mollee and dozed off a bit. I woke up to a thud upstairs. I asked Jack to run up and check on Ruby. He came back down and said that Ruby and Luc were both watching a show on Lucie's bed. I was still so tired and was having a hard time getting myself to wake up. I thought I was in the clear when Jack came back down, but as I kept listening I could hear lots of activity in the bathroom upstairs. I got myself up and when I hit the landing on our stairs I could smell hairspray. I ran the rest of the way to the bathroom. Ruby had the door locked, but she has not completely shut the door. She had the bottom drawer pulled out so I could not open the door all of the way. When she heard me at the door she hurried and slammed it shut. I was able to get a glimpse at the bathroom cupboard before the door slammed and I knew I was in big trouble. My makeup was scattered everywhere, hairspray, mouse, combs. I started to cry and yell for her to unlock the bathroom door. I tried to get a gift card to open the door, but I was not having any luck. I called Trent in tears and told him what was going on. He reminded me I needed to go into therapy mode (another story) instead of parent mode to get Ruby to open the door. I started to laugh and said so you mean banging and kicking the bathroom door is not the healthy way to handle the situation! Once Ruby heard me laughing she unlocked the door. This is the beautiful, scary face that greeted me. She mostly went crazy with my lipstick and mascara on her face and on our toilet. She got into the kids cavity rinse, but she never complained about a tummy ache so I think she just dumped that on the floor. She had layers of pomade and hairspray in her hair. It was just a mess, but it all cleaned up and both Ruby and I were still alive at the end of the day.
  
 

No comments: