9.25.2007

A Canning We Will Do!!

Peaches, Pears and Tomatos were on the docket to can this year...and we finished it all yesterday! Yeah! I do not think that I would ever can on my own, but it is easy when you can do it with others (thanks Mom and Noelle). This is the 2nd year that we have canned. My mom used to can when we were young and then she started to just buy from the store and we thought that was great. I never thought I would can, but a friend mentioned it and then Noelle and I started talking about how good peaches and pears are when they are canned. It is very rewarding when it is all done and you have beautiful, colorful jars on the shelf!
Mom and Noelle putting lids on tomatos...

Cutting and peeling pears...

Finished Tomatos...

Ash.Noelle.Mom

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys are just amazing!!! I hope you display all that hard work on your open shelves!!! How pretty!! that is such an accomplishment!! good job!
Love you all
s/b

Gina said...

Congrats! That was a lot of work, but it SO worth it! I wish I had family near so we could do constructive fun this like that together!

Gina said...

I meant to type "things", not "this" - whoops