This past week has been filled with fun activities! Last Thursday Lucie finished school for the year and had the chance to sit on Santa's lap. She was so EXCITED! Her teacher was telling me that one of her friends was trying to talk her out of seeing Santa because she was afraid and Lucie said, "I used to be afraid of Santa when I was little, but now I am big and I am not afraid anymore!" Like she is somehow older then her friend?!? I love hearing about 4 year olds conversations or over hearing them talk!

Saturday the "elves and reindeer" surprised us with tickets to a breakfast with Santa at UVSC! Lucie and Jack were way excited when we read the note. Lucie was jumping up and down screaming with excitement that the "elves and reindeer" are so sneaky to find a breakfast and invite us to come! When we arrived at the breakfast there was a girl dressed up as an elf and Lucie was so excited that it might be one of our "elves!"Later Saturday afternoon we had a holiday open house. It was a lot of fun to see and visit with family and friends! It was a very wintry afternoon, snowing about 3-4 inches of snow between 2-6pm. It made the yard look really pretty!

Sunday we had Stake Conference and there are 2 things that I would like to share. Elder Nelson of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles and Elder Osgathorp (probably incorrect spelling, he is an area authority) both shared really great messages. First, Elder Osgathorp when he bore his testimony he spoke it and signed it, as we have a deaf ward in our stake. It was really touching to watch him sign and to watch the deaf ward intently watch him. Elder Nelson gave an excellent message, but the one thing that really stuck out to me is that he said something along the lines that our children will be blessed with peace as we teach them righteous principles. I thought this was an amazing promise and a comforting one as well considering the way our world is and the challenges that our children will face in the coming years.

Last, but not least we decorated a gingerbread house as a family. This was quite the adventure...this is our 4th year of putting together a gingerbread house at Christmas so we thought we were pros and we were going to be so smart and glue the house together so we did not waste frosting (they do not give you much in the kit) on the assembly part. I thought wood glue would work, but of course chemistry was not my strong subject and the gingerbread, wood glue, and plastic base/stand did not bond!! So, Trent thought for sure super glue would work. So we had 2 sides standing, but then the glue bottle leaked and Trent's hands were covered in glue and I had to pry the bottle out of his hand! As he was trying to clean his hands I thought I would try and stick another side in and ended up dropping it on the floor...it shattered to pieces. At this point Trent and I were about out of patience. Lucie pipes up and says, "this is the best Christmas ever and this is going to be best gingerbread house ever and I am sure we can put that piece back together"! I wanted to tell her to be quiet, but bit my tongue...in the moment of frustration I did not think her positive energy was very cute, but when we finally managed to get our gingerbread house together (with frosting) I was very grateful that Lucie had been so positive and kept us enjoying the experience! Our house turned out very cute (in my opinion). Lucie and Jack did the majority of the decorating and it is still standing!

Saturday the "elves and reindeer" surprised us with tickets to a breakfast with Santa at UVSC! Lucie and Jack were way excited when we read the note. Lucie was jumping up and down screaming with excitement that the "elves and reindeer" are so sneaky to find a breakfast and invite us to come! When we arrived at the breakfast there was a girl dressed up as an elf and Lucie was so excited that it might be one of our "elves!"Later Saturday afternoon we had a holiday open house. It was a lot of fun to see and visit with family and friends! It was a very wintry afternoon, snowing about 3-4 inches of snow between 2-6pm. It made the yard look really pretty!

Sunday we had Stake Conference and there are 2 things that I would like to share. Elder Nelson of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles and Elder Osgathorp (probably incorrect spelling, he is an area authority) both shared really great messages. First, Elder Osgathorp when he bore his testimony he spoke it and signed it, as we have a deaf ward in our stake. It was really touching to watch him sign and to watch the deaf ward intently watch him. Elder Nelson gave an excellent message, but the one thing that really stuck out to me is that he said something along the lines that our children will be blessed with peace as we teach them righteous principles. I thought this was an amazing promise and a comforting one as well considering the way our world is and the challenges that our children will face in the coming years.

Last, but not least we decorated a gingerbread house as a family. This was quite the adventure...this is our 4th year of putting together a gingerbread house at Christmas so we thought we were pros and we were going to be so smart and glue the house together so we did not waste frosting (they do not give you much in the kit) on the assembly part. I thought wood glue would work, but of course chemistry was not my strong subject and the gingerbread, wood glue, and plastic base/stand did not bond!! So, Trent thought for sure super glue would work. So we had 2 sides standing, but then the glue bottle leaked and Trent's hands were covered in glue and I had to pry the bottle out of his hand! As he was trying to clean his hands I thought I would try and stick another side in and ended up dropping it on the floor...it shattered to pieces. At this point Trent and I were about out of patience. Lucie pipes up and says, "this is the best Christmas ever and this is going to be best gingerbread house ever and I am sure we can put that piece back together"! I wanted to tell her to be quiet, but bit my tongue...in the moment of frustration I did not think her positive energy was very cute, but when we finally managed to get our gingerbread house together (with frosting) I was very grateful that Lucie had been so positive and kept us enjoying the experience! Our house turned out very cute (in my opinion). Lucie and Jack did the majority of the decorating and it is still standing!


1 comment:
isn't it amazing how those little minds keep everything in perspective! Gotta love tham lots!
Love you -
s/b
Post a Comment