12.17.2008

Random Pictures and Memories

Trent's brother and wife visited us the week of Thanksgiving. This is their little boy Hyrum with Lucie and Jack. He is 8 months old and was just starting to crawl when he was here. Lucie and Jack had a lot of fun coaxing him to different places around our family room and down our hallway! We had a fun evening visiting!

To me these are the sweetest moments when I walk into a room and see Lucie reading to Jack. This morning they were in their room with the door shut and I thought for sure I was going to walk in and find the room a disaster...but not even close they were on their beds and Lucie was reading to Jack and telling him that someday he will be able to read and then he can read to Ruby! Priceless!

I know I post a lot of pictures of Jack sleeping....but these moments are rare and I think he looks absolutely so sweet! One night we could not find where he was sleeping after we had put him to bed. We looked in all the usual places...under his bed, laying on the heat vent, in Ruby's room, but no Jack. We found him sprawled out on our bed (picture on the left)!
The other place he is really liking lately is our recliner in our family room. He lays across the chair in the afternoons and sometimes he falls asleep. He is completely asleep in this picture. I was talking to him and he was not answering back. I had to bend down to see his eyes underneath the hat to know for sure that he was asleep. I have to point out his outfit as well...his choosing...camo warm-up pants, sweater vest, red sox jacket and hat! He is loving clothes these days and going through his closet to pick what he wants to wear. I was getting a little annoyed with having to refold his whole closet everyday so I told him whatever clothes I find on the floor are going to be donated to charity! He has stopped the tossing frenzy! I love my little buddy! Lately he LOVES to play to games...a few of his favorites are chutes and ladders, candy land, matching games, storybook game, and the jelly bean game! We usually play a couple of games every afternoon! I love the time that we get to spend together.
A few other memories...
One day after we dropped Lucie off at school Jack asked what we were going to do when we got home. I told him we were going to make banana bread. He replied with "you put a smile on my face!"
Lucie goes to Spanish class once a week at school. She loves pretending to speak in Spanish around the house. Sometimes she will make up a Spanish word and then ask me what she said. I reply with I don't know and she will then tell me what she is saying. The funniest one was, "mom I am saying dryer sheets." Um yeah, I am sure you are learning the Spanish word for dryer sheets in Kindergarten!
Then last week Trent's mom took Lucie and Jack to buy a Christmas present for Trent and I. They have both been trying soooo hard to keep it a secret. The other night we were driving in the car and Lucie replaced a made up Spanish word for what our present is at the same time Jack said the real thing in English!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

the brooks bunch said...

There is just something about Jack - he is priceless!! How sweet for Lucie to read to Jack! Look what Ruby has to look forward to!!!
Love you guys-

jlohran said...

Oh Lucie! She is priceless! I cannot believe that girl! Dryer sheets? Too funny!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

those are the cutest pictures and stories! Love it.