On Friday night we were at Little America with family. I was waiting with Lucie and 3 other cousins (Parker, Kallie, and Brig) to ride the elevator up from the parking garage. The elevator doors opened and President Monson and his wife were on the elevator! As I walked on Lucie was already chatting with President Monson about the fact that the number 1 floor button had already been pushed. When I stepped on I bent down and asked Lucie if she knew who this man was. She paused for a second and said, Thomas S. Monson. I told her that she should turn and shake his hand. Parker, Kallie, and Brig each shook his hand as well.President Monson then said to Lucie, "little girl do you know what special day is this weekend?" She paused for a second and replied that it was Mother's Day. And he replied back, "yes, and you had better not forget it!"
I was able to shake his hand as he was helping his wife off of the elevator. This was a completely unexpected but wonderful moment to share the elevator with President Monson and his wife. The sweet spirit was incredible and I do know that he is a prophet of God and is truly the one to be leading our Church today.
When the kids got of the elevator they could not contain their excitement. They kept talking about it and telling everyone. I hope that they will never forget that experience and opportunity and that it will always be strength to them in their lives.
Happy Mother's Day
I know that these are older pictures...but they are ones that I like and bring back good memories and they are at the beach, which is one of my most favorite places. I am grateful for the mom examples that I have in my life. The speakers that spoke in our sacrament meeting today spoke about a mother's heart and I really appreciated their messages. I am also very thankful to be a mom and to be blessed with three amazing, fun children!
I was able to shake his hand as he was helping his wife off of the elevator. This was a completely unexpected but wonderful moment to share the elevator with President Monson and his wife. The sweet spirit was incredible and I do know that he is a prophet of God and is truly the one to be leading our Church today.
When the kids got of the elevator they could not contain their excitement. They kept talking about it and telling everyone. I hope that they will never forget that experience and opportunity and that it will always be strength to them in their lives.
Happy Mother's Day
I know that these are older pictures...but they are ones that I like and bring back good memories and they are at the beach, which is one of my most favorite places. I am grateful for the mom examples that I have in my life. The speakers that spoke in our sacrament meeting today spoke about a mother's heart and I really appreciated their messages. I am also very thankful to be a mom and to be blessed with three amazing, fun children!


3 comments:
Way cool! I think I'd be pretty shocked getting into an elevator with the prophet!
p.s. Jeff says you and your sis look identical.
What fun memories we made this past weekend! I don't think Parker will ever forget that elevator ride! I hope you had a great Mother's Day!
Love you-
Wow! THat is so great! I am so proud that Lucie knew who it was-- in person it may have been confusing! Way to go-- that is a testament to your parenting an an inspiration to mine!
Post a Comment