5.24.2009

A Sunday...

I thought I learned way back in some Sunday school class that Sunday's were supposed to be a calm, relaxing, reverent day...yeah right! Our Sundays seem to be packed...today I thought we would have a good breakfast and then get ready nicely for church. Not so! Today was a bit of a crazy, not so reverent Sunday...

  • I woke up to Trent telling me that I had a visiting teaching appointment in 45 minutes...
  • Then a sister in our ward who had surgery on her ear texted and asked if I could wash her hair for her (Noelle, the hair person would have done it but she was out of town).
  • Trent had church meetings.
  • Get 4 people ready for church including ironing clothes and a church bag (feeling a bit disorganized at this point:)
  • Get to church to be informed that I forgot the sister's birthday that I visited earlier in the morning - I felt terrible.
At this point I am feeling like I just want this day to be over with. Then....I get to partake of the sacrament and be taught. The talks in Sacrament meeting and RS related today and were so good. The RS lesson was taught from President Monson's talk from October 2008 titled Finding Joy in the Journey. I was uplifted and reminded that even if my Sunday wasn't perfect there was still joy to be found.

This evening we went for a bike ride - perfect weather for an evening ride. Ruby was a sweet little pea in the bike trailer. She just sat perfectly content. Lucie and Jack had fun taking turns on our new co-pilot bike.

When I went in to check on Lucie tonight she was snug as a bug in her blankets. I bent down to tell her that I loved her and to sleep well. She was the sweetest thing! I love sweet little conversations with my kids.

And finally I just read this post from Nie Nie. I love the way this lady writes. I truly believe that HF has big plans for each of us. I hope that I can be a good enough mom to instill that truth and belief in my children as well.

Whew...we survived our Sunday! Sometimes it feels like it is the hardest day of the week, but I know in the end it draws me closer to my Savior and my Father in Heaven.

3 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

I hear ya girl- Sundays are crazy over here. Especially a not so short drive to the church and needing to be there early. It's a lot of work!

Noelley's Life said...

Busy Day! I love reading NIE NIE too! I feel like each post is a great chapter in a book.

the brooks bunch said...

I was exhausted just reading your blog!! I was happy to see the end of the day come too!
Sometimes it is really hard just to enjoy the moment!
Love you-