10.13.2009

Monkey goes to LONDON

Lucie and Jack offered to let Trent take their monkey so that he would not be alone and so that he would remember them (their words). Trent was so creative with Monkey and sent pictures everyday for Lucie and Jack to share the adventures Monkey was having while in London.
This was an awesome way for Lucie and Jack to feel a part of Trent's trip and a way to connect with him and his trip, especially since he was so far away.
The majority of these photos are taken with an iPhone so the quality is a little fuzzy sometimes and most of the verbiage is what Trent wrote to Luc and Jack.

Monkey was quiet on the flight to New York. Hope he does well to
London. Love you!!!!!

Monkey getting around London on the Train. He really wanted to get his picture at Victoria Station. It is a HUGE train station. Luckily he helped me find the right train with little problem. The big boards telling you which train to get on.

The pictures included here are Monkey by the train, Monkey on platform, picture out the window of the train—look how many people ride trains! A few of the pictures were taken at an old train station by the London temple. Trent said, "We had some time after the temple last night, so we took some pictures by the train map and the train tracks. Notice no one at the station! I was all alone."

Picture of monkey enjoying the nice robe that comes with the room. This is one of Luc and Jack's favorite pictures of Monkey.

Monkey is crazy, my breakfast was brought to my room and he jumped on the tray and wanted to eat it all up before I could. After I calmed him down and gave him a bite, he decided we should show you what an English breakfast is like.

Monkey has been busy today. He was ready to go this morning and jumped in my backpack.

So monkey wanted me to take some pictures of him as we walked to the train station. Monkey is by the taxis.

This is monkey by the big Victoria Station.

We made some friends on the train. These were British teenagers who Trent was sitting by. One of the kids pulled out trident and big red gum and was showing it off to his friends that he had American gum. Trent told them that he was from America and said he had something to show them. He pulled out a jumbo pack of Cinnamon big red gum that he had to mail to our friends the Tattersals. Trent did not think the British friend was going to share any of his gum with his friends so Trent gave them each a piece.

Now monkey is slaving away at the computer (when my fingers get tired, he takes over).


Monkey thought the toilets in England are funny, so he asked to have his picture taken by one. Luc and Jack thought this was the most hilarious picture.

He also got hungry last night, so he hoped to get a snack out of the mini bar in the hotel room. I had to tell him $4 for 20 potato chips, and $5 for an 8oz can of diet coke is way too much and he’ll just have to hang tight until breakfast.

Monkey was soooo tired last night he jumped in bed and fell asleep. I fell asleep in the chair waiting to talk to you guys.

In Geoff’s car.

Geoff took me to a fine English establishment for lunch, do you recognize it?

Monkey at the temple.

When we got back to the hotel the night I went to the temple, monkey and I shared a pizza. Mmmmm, pizza hut, my favorite (which we hardly ever eat).


Tonight, Monkey was the honored guest at the dinner we had with Geoff and Roz.


Monkey didn’t like the smell of haggas, and decided to cover his nose and play dead.

Tomorrow is my last day in London. We’ll work a little and do some sightseeing and then Friday morning early, we are off for our long journey home.
Monkey out seeing some sights and working. He tried to make a call at the telephone booth, but it looks like he passed out instead! Monkey wanted to be at the head of the conference room table at our meeting today. Silly monkey! The picture with Geoff with the monkey on his shoulder was taken as a joke. Trent said, "I guess with Geoff leaving he will get monkey off his back ;-)!"


See you soon, stay tuned for monkey’s adventure’s tomorrow!
Ready to leave the hotel.


So long London...


Misc.adventures in traveling home.
for journaling...Of course we were very thankful for Trent to be back at home. An extra set of hands is the best and just to have dad home is such a comfort.:) We were so blessed during the week that he was gone. Ruby was sick and had a fever 2 nights of 102. She was having trouble sleeping. Trent's parents had been in town for a grandchild's baptism and were so kind to extend their trip a night to help out. Trent's dad was able to give Ruby a blessing, which helped her to sleep through the rest of the night. It was such a comfort to me as well. Trent's parents were so helpful in getting dinner, watching my friends while I went to see my grandma who was not doing to well that week, and had grandpa read them bedtime stories.
My mom was so helpful later in the week when Luc was not feeling too well and I had a huge stack of clean laundry that needed to be folded! I am thankful for family and for all the extra help and the phone calls just to check on me and my friends.

3 comments:

the brooks bunch said...

This is the cutest thing I have ever seen! I can't even imagine how excited the kids were when they say where monkey was on any given day! Great job Trent! I can't wait to here the stories from Jack and Lucie!
Love you-

korth fam said...

You two must be the most creative parents in the world!! You make everything your kids do so fun and everything is an adventure. I hope to be more like you for sure!

jayni & ben said...

That is just the cutest thing I have ever seen. Trent is such a fun dad. I am sure the kids just loved it. This made me want to go back to England:)