This week I have been thinking about those times in school when we would do free write. We would open our journals and we could write about anything that came to our minds. I want to do that! Sometimes...well, actually a lot of times I am a big perfectionist and read and re-read things a dozen times to make sure everything sounds ok and is all cute and pretty and nice and then it takes me forever to write again because I know that it will take me so long. So, today I am free writing!
The first thing that comes to mind is emotions. I cry. I cry when I feel the spirit, I cry when something is cool/touches me, I cry when I get overwhelmed with having to make decisions. Oh, that would be today...I cried. I have feeling like I wanted to cry off and on since Friday, but we had too much going on to cry. I held it together until after church today and then I cried...just a little. It wasn't a big cry, but it made me feel better:)
There are so many amazing things in this world that make me happy and sad at the same time. These are just a few things that come to mind -
I get to make decisions and choices...
I have to make decisions and choices!
I get to work with and meet awesome people...
I have to see them move away!
My little friends get to learn and grow and have amazing teachers...
My little friends grow up and have to move on to new teachers and adventures!
This week we had a glimpse of summer break with some unstructured time. 2 cousins came and stayed with us for 2 days. I surprised Luc and checked her out of school so she could play and hang out with us. We read books, played musical chairs, ate pizza. We basically did not have a routine and it was really nice! I am such a routine person that it is good for me to chill out sometimes!!

2 comments:
Thank you Ashlie for letting my girls come and stay with you....you don't even know how much it ment to me....cry cry cry...I am so lucky to have such a good family. The girls had so much fun....we love you guys. Engor
Post a Comment