6.16.2011

Oh, She's a Smart Cookie


For the past little while Ruby's favorite phrase has been I hate you or I hate this.
I did not realize how much I use the word hate to describe things until I hear it come of out of sweet Ruby's mouth and it doesn't sound so nice.
Time out was not working for a consequence so one Saturday Trent told Ruby she was going to get her mouthed washed out with soap if she said hate again.
Of course she said it because she is the child that once you tell her not to do something she totally does it just for kicks!
As Trent was carrying her off to the bathroom I was thinking she is going to like the soap. See Ruby is a human that likes the taste of things that most humans stay away from....hair gel, mouse, hand sanitizer. Yep we have to keep all of these locked up because Ruby sucks the lids of the bottles or pumps lotion into her hand and enjoys licking finger fulls into her mouth.
Sure enough Trent put soap in and she said
more please!
So we brainstormed about what we should try next. Trent decided on vinegar.
The next time she said hate we put a finger of vinegar in her mouth.
She thought about it for a minute and then walked away.
About 10 minutes later I caught her getting the spray bottle of vinegar out from under the cabinet. I asked her to put it away.
She looked at me and said
I hate you
and
handed me the bottle.
Ahhhhh
How can she like all of these nasty things.
She is definitely our child that will push the limits.
Now, today she has started using the word stupid.
I don't think she has a clue what stupid really means. I think she likes the sound of it.
Just a few minutes ago she walked in saying
R: Stupid Dad is home.
M: Dad is not stupid Ruby.
R: But Dad's home mom
It really did sound kind of funny that she thought it was such a good word choice to describe Trent being home. I wish I could describe things better in writing because I don't think it will have the same affect later when we read this.

Ruby has also become interested in money and clothes.
We are in big trouble for later on I am sure.
We were at a store and she picked up a skirt, held it up to her and said
how many dollars is this?

1 comment:

RitanSands said...

oh my gosh! i can't help but laugh because the saying words she shouldn't sounds sooo much like asher. i always have to tell him that although it's ok for adults to say them he cannot say them. it's so hard because sometimes sanders will say it is a sort of a double standard, but a word like stupid really is ok for an adult to say, however, they just sound a lot stronger or really unsweet when kids do say them! lol.