6.06.2011

Try, Try and Try Again

I came across this quote here today. It resonated with me because this is something I was having a conversation just last week about with Luc and Jack. Jack wanted to go to "stick time," which is a time where he can go and practice for hockey in full equipment. When we arrived at the rink there was only 1 person on the ice, which is a dream to have the ice practically all to yourself. It had the reverse effect on Jack he was nervous about being on the ice with only this one other person who he did not know. He was unsure, then he was upset, then sad....then I became frustrated, then mad, then I said words that I regretted after. It was one of those situations that spiraled downward fast and after wards I felt like a terrible mom. Most important thing though I learned a good lesson and hopefully next time I will remember to LOVE first and then think through the best way to make Jack or Luc, or Ruby comfortable in any given situation.
One thing I did tell my friends is that I just wanted Jack to try. All he had to do was go out on the ice and do his thing and not talk to the other person. We had a good discussion about how there will always be scary situations to face, but we will always be there to support each other as a team. I love my friends and I hope and pray every day that they will turn out to be good, faithful kids despite my flaws as a mom!

No comments: