3.11.2012

iGirl

This little friend is full of spunk.

She keeps amazing and at times frustrating us with her independent and no fear spirit. Here are a few things that she is up to right now...

She LOVES "i" anything. iPads, iPhones, anywhere she sees the apple symbol she gets excited. In the Fall my parents purchased an iPad. Ruby desperately wanted to use it. My parents were a little hesitant with letting her play on it. One Sunday she was crying because my mom told her when she was 6 she could play on it. She was very sad. My mom said to Ruby I know you probably know how to use it better than us. Ruby responded with a "uh-huh!" She knows a little too well how to use the devices. She has managed to call, text and email a few too many people! My parents remedied the problem by giving us an iPad for Christmas. Ruby will totally go to bed nice every night to earn a 1/2 hour of iPad time the next day!

Ruby likes to be naked, is very opinionated about what clothes she wants to wear, and wants to change multiple times a day. First the naked thing....she gets naked on her own a lot of times and she also gets naked with Sophia. They can be two naughty little girlies. A few weeks ago my mom was helping me rearrange closets. The girls were in Ruby's room by themselves for about 5-10 minutes. When my mom and I came back in they were butt naked and had broke out Lucie's markers. They decorated their bodies and had used Lucie's bed as an art palette. I never thought her sheet would come clean it was completely colored on. Crayola washable markers lived up to their name and came out of EVERYTHING....whew!

This week Noelle was cutting my hair. We could hear the girls playing upstairs in her bathroom. Noelle thought they were just playing with the toys because Soph does that frequently. All of a sudden we heard a loud thud. I was so nervous we were going to walk into the bathroom to a pool of blood. They had gotten into Noelle's cabinet and coated themselves with sunscreen, hand soap, lotion and vix. Ruby had been standing in Noelle's sink and had gotten so slippery that she fell out. They were completely a mess and so was Noelle's bathroom, but I am grateful they did not hurt themselves.

Ruby is quite the clothes girl. She has an opinion about what she wants to wear and not wear. She also likes to change her clothes mid-day. The other day she was wanting to change midday and I was objecting to it. We were getting ready to leave and I was trying to get her dressed in her original outfit. I got her back in her clothes, walked back to our laundry room to get my shoes and in that time she had completely undressed again!

Another naked story...Ruby was again in between outfits. I could hear her back in our laundry room. I walked about to find her on top of our dryer trying to get a cup of laundry soap so she could wash her blanket. I was later telling my mom this story and my mom asked Ruby if she wanted to do her own laundry. She answered back with "yes, mom can you add that to my job chart!"

We were at my parents house one night. My dad asked the kids what's for dinner. I told my friends we were going to JDawgs. Ruby was jumping up and down and clapping her hands. My dad asked her what JDawgs had. She quickly responded back with "food!" She has an answer for just about everything.

I especially love the way that I can cuddle with Ruby. She gives sweet hugs and kisses. She adds so much to our family and always keeps us on our toes. Love You Ruby.

No comments: