Lucie on her 1st day of Kindergarten!

Lucie was so excited to go to her 1st day of Kindergarten. And as a parent I was so glad that she was excited. I was not sure how I was going to be. I have shed tears in the months getting to this point when we were trying to decide where she was going to go to school and having the adjustment that she is old enough to go to real, official school. The last couple of months I have felt good about everything and yesterday was no exception. Lucie did get a little sad just as we were getting ready to drop her off because she was making the transition of leaving dog at home. She chose to have Trent take her into school and I was grateful for this because when he came out he said he could have cried. If he could have cried I for sure would have cried!! He said she was a little nervous, but all the other kids had the same nervous looks on their faces.
When I picked her up she was immediately chatty and telling me all about her day and how excited she was and that she had made a new friend! Then I was teary eyed because I was so grateful that she liked it and that she wanted to go back! Whew...what a relief!
Now we get to make the adjustment to having homework every night and being responsible in remembering 5 million different things for school!! I need to get a better to do list/calendar!

Lucie was so excited to go to her 1st day of Kindergarten. And as a parent I was so glad that she was excited. I was not sure how I was going to be. I have shed tears in the months getting to this point when we were trying to decide where she was going to go to school and having the adjustment that she is old enough to go to real, official school. The last couple of months I have felt good about everything and yesterday was no exception. Lucie did get a little sad just as we were getting ready to drop her off because she was making the transition of leaving dog at home. She chose to have Trent take her into school and I was grateful for this because when he came out he said he could have cried. If he could have cried I for sure would have cried!! He said she was a little nervous, but all the other kids had the same nervous looks on their faces.
When I picked her up she was immediately chatty and telling me all about her day and how excited she was and that she had made a new friend! Then I was teary eyed because I was so grateful that she liked it and that she wanted to go back! Whew...what a relief!
Now we get to make the adjustment to having homework every night and being responsible in remembering 5 million different things for school!! I need to get a better to do list/calendar!

Jack and Brig were so excited helping Lucie get ready for school and of course wanted to go to school too. Jack will start in a couple of weeks. This afternoon Jack and I had fun hanging out together...he made me pie, we did puzzles, we read books, and talked to characters from books on the phone. His imagination is awesome! I think he missed Lucie as they have really had fun playing together this summer.


8 comments:
What a great time for Lucie! She is a darling school girl!!! All of a sudden they are so grown up! Enjoy! And with Jack in school too - you can put ypur feet up for a few minutes while they are gone!!!
Love you-
Aw, she looks so cute! I'm glad she had a good time. What is up with kindergartners having homework, though?? Yeesh. Isn't there enough time for that in the future?
Really? Really she is old enough for school?!? I can't believe it. Lucie you enjoy every minute of it. Parker starts on Monday and we are so looking forward to a schedule and routine at this house!!!
We love you guys
Harm and parker
She is so stinking cute. I really like her cute little red backpack. How fun!! All three of those kids are so cute:]
So cute!! I completely understand the crying. Caleb starts this Wed, and I get a little sad every time I think about it. You made it though!! :)
I can't believe she is only in kindergarten she has always seemed like a sixteen year old with how smart she is! Yeah for kindergarten!
I love their sweet relationship. Lucie has grown up so much. Jack too. I love the rain boots I will always remember the little camo ones he wore last season. Cute picture of lucie!
Happy Days are here....Lucie looks so cute. Kindergarten will be so fun. Love to you all. Engor
Post a Comment