8.07.2008

Journalings...

These are a few memories from recent that I want to remember. Do not feel obligated to read them...this is the easiest place to record them so I do not forget!

This is a conversation that took place in the car one day between Lucie and Jack. I am not quite sure how they came to this topic, but this is the place where I started really listening to what they were saying...
Lucie: Jack Heavenly Father made you but before he made you he made me.
Jack: Oh
Lucie: Yeah, mom and dad were married and lived in the apartments and then Heavenly Father started making me. You never lived in the apartments.
(Jack is listening intently to all that Lucie is telling him and either nods his head or says an "oh" or an "ok").Lucie: Mom and dad had me and then we lived in the apartment and then we moved to our house. When we moved to our house Heavenly Father started making you. Now Heavenly Father is working on making our new baby sister.

This is a conversation between Trent and Jack -
Jack: I'm ungry (hungry)
Trent: Do you have a hollow leg because you just ate 2 slices of bologna and crackers with peanut butter.
Jack: Yeah. I'm ungry!
Trent: What do you want?
Jack: A treat.
Trent: Oh, so you want empty calories!
Jack: Yeah, empty calories.
Now, when Jack asks for a treat he says "empty calories pleeeeease!"

I came across an email that Trent had recently written to a friend. In the email he described Lucie and Jack. I wanted to write those thoughts down to preserve what he had said...
Our oldest daughter, Lucie has turned 5 and is on her way to Kindergarten this fall. She is a wonderfully sweet and smart little girl and will make a terrific kindergartener. Jack is turning 3 and has boundless energy. He has a soft heart and although he loves to torment his sister has a very special place in his heart for her and is concerned for her well being.

Yesterday Lucie, Jack and Brig were playing after Sunday dinner. Lucie made this "uhh" sound and we asked her what was the matter...without missing a beat she turned around and said "Brigham just used me as a towel!" Maybe you had to be there but it was one of those funny moments!

We have watched a bunch of Olympic tv this weekend (more than we thought we would). Lucie and Jack have loved watching it with us as well. Yesterday as Jack was playing I was listening to what he saying...he was pretending he was going to China. China is the fun new word for him to say and use!

4 comments:

the brooks bunch said...

What fun thoughts to remember! Thanks for sharing.
Love you-

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Loved 'em all! So cute. Hmm maybe I'll go get myself some "empty calories"!

Harmoni said...

Isn't empty calories the only way to go? I love journaling.
Love ya
Harm

LisaJ said...

Thanks for the invite. I love your blog! Your kids are so cute and so big! I remember when Jack was just a little baby!!