It is so crazy what can happen in a week! Time is a strange thing!
Last Tuesday (3oth of September) Lucie had the day off of school so Noelle and I decided we would go do something fun. We took Lucie, Jack and Brig to dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. It was nice and quiet when we went and was just relaxing to let the kids do and see what they wanted.
After the dino museum we were going to meet Nick for lunch, but we did not want to pass up an opportunity to have good ice cream...so we had ice cream before we lunch! As we were enjoying it Noelle and I were saying how nice it was to finally have a day with nothing going on and to be able to just hang out and enjoy ice cream at 11am!
When I got home later that day I felt like I should rest and make sure I could feel the baby moving ok. I did not feel very many movements and when Trent got home from work we decided to go to the hospital. We were reassured that the baby was moving just fine, but that my blood pressure was high. A complete shock because I have not had this symptom with either of my other pregnancies. They monitored it for awhile and decided to send me home to see if a good nights rest would help. We went back Wednesday morning to have it checked again and it was still high. I was put on bed rest and was scheduled to see a specialist on Friday. Let me just say I admire those ladies who have to be put on bed rest for weeks. It was a hard thing for 3 days.On Thursday I had a really bad headache and on Friday my vision went blurry (not a very good feeling) all symptoms of the high blood pressure. We went to the specialist at 1:15 on Friday afternoon and by 1:45 we were being sent to the hospital to have me induced 3 weeks early. At the specialist they determined that the baby was no longer growing inside me and that my amniotic fluid was low. At 5:30pm Ruby was born. It was a whirlwind afternoon to say the least. We feel so blessed and are very grateful for prayer and inspiration that helped us to find the answers we needed during our challenging week.
Friday night my family came to see us at the hospital and we were joking that wouldn't it be crazy/funny if right when Noelle got back home her water broke and they would have to come back to the hospital. Noelle was more prepared to have a baby last week than me as her due date was the 8th. Within an hour Noelle called to say you are not going to believe this but we are on our way to the hospital...my water broke!
Ruby and Sophia were born 11 hours apart from each other! It has been such a blessing to share this experience with Noelle and then to have the girls born so close together was amazing!
Here are some other pictures...Lucie and Jack are LOVING Ruby so much. They are the BEST helpers. Jack wants to be close to her and was so excited to have his picture taken next to her yesterday. He also love to get his camera out to take his own pictures of Ruby as well. Jack looks huge compared to Ruby...Trent says it is the basketball next to the tennis ball!
Lucie/Jack's preschool teacher was telling Trent that she has seen Lucie bring dolls bigger then Ruby probably is. Definitely true for now!!
From our first night at home Jack kept asking if Ruby could take a bath with him. We kept telling him she was too little to get in the bath with him, but he could help give her a special bath. He was so excited to help. He is very sweet. Anytime he has been gone and gets back home the first thing he asks, "did baby miss me?"







5 comments:
Oh how sweet! I'm so sorry; I didn't know all that happened. I'm glad everything turned out fine, and I'm sorry you had to go through that. And I can't believe two little cousins were born 11 hours apart!
I can not believe all that happened!! You poor thing. I love Ruby. Already I haven't met her but I love her:] She is beautiful. Little Jack is such a cute little brother.
Jack's face says it all - He is so happy that one of those babies is his!!!! We can hardly wait to come see the babies - Ruby is beautiful and oh so tiny! We are glad you are feeling better!
Love you-
Wow that's amazing! Ruby is so tiny and so adorable! I bet her and her cousin will be the best of friends! The EXACT thing happened to my mom and her sister. My mom had me a month early weighing in at 4 somethin' and my aunt had my cousin and best friend a week late just the next day. CRAZY! I can't believe how old Jack looks and Lucy too! Your kids have those cheeks, ya know the kind you want to just eat cuz they're so stinkin' cute, but refrain from doing so, especially when they're other peoples kids. Anywho LOVE the blog!
So cute! I love seeing siblings together. I'm glad everything went well-- considering all the drama! How great that you and your sister had babies so close together. What a fun story! I love that picture of the two of them side by side.
Post a Comment