3.27.2009

Road Trip...Part 2 Hoover Dam

Next stop...Hoover Dam
$7 for parking
$24 for visitors center
lucie telling us that her and jack had talked it over and this was the best vacation ever...priceless!

learning about electricity. there were a couple cool interactive activities in the visitors center.
this is the awesome bridge that they are building. when this is finished you will not drive over the dam anymore. now that we are home lucie is enjoying saying the word "dam." yesterday she told me not to worry that she isn't saying the bad word "damn" she is just referring to the Hoover Dam!
when I looked over the edge it took my breath away...it is so far down. it really is an incredible structure.


if you click on the picture you can see men working...makes my hand sweat!!


if you rub the feet of this statue it is supposed to bring you good luck.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sally said...

I am still freaking out about the guys working on the bridge. I can't imagine having that job...or if my husband had that job! I LOVE the way you priced things out, especially the "priceless" part. They are so cute!

the brooks bunch said...

I just love that ride from Vegas to Phoenix - some of the rock formations are just beautiful (on the phoenix end)! and Hoover Dam is truely amazing! I am glad you had such a good time! and made it home safe!
Love you-