6.07.2009

Take Me Out to the Ball Game!

We enrolled both Lucie and Jack in baseball this Spring/Summer. Jack did a start smart baseball program and Lucie played t-ball. On the first day Jack was a little upset that he was just learning baseball skills. He wanted to get out there and play. At Lucie's first game he was crying because he could not play and Lucie was crying because she had to play!!:) It has all worked out though. Trent ended up coaching Lucie's t-ball team so Jack has pretty much been the assistant coach! He is the unofficial player on the team that helps out in the out field and runs the helmets back and forth.
Jack got all ready and pretended he was the next batter up!

Jack a little upset at his baseball practice because he had to run around the field.

A little happier now!

We are really proud of Lucie...even though baseball might not be her favorite thing she has done really well! She has put her whole heart into it and has tried really hard. She has had some really good hits. She likes to play first base and has had some really good stops. I think she was really happy that Trent ended up being the coach.Waiting patiently for it to be their turn to bat.

Trent helping Lucie on the first day.
I have to say if my kids continue to play sports I may have to wear an MP3 player to the games and only watch not listen. Parents can be soooo annoying. For the most part the parents on our team have been laid back and very helpful, but there have been a few parents both on our team and other teams that we have played that can about drive me bonkers! I want to remind them that these kids are 5 and 6 year olds and are playing t-ball not pro baseball! Oh well, I guess you get that with everything. Ok, I am all done venting now!!
We have 1 game left and then the season will be over. It has been a fun, eventful learning experience. I think Trent will end up doing more coaching, which will be fun for our kids!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

the brooks bunch said...

Good job Lucie! We love baseball at our house! I am glad you had track at school so you could run fast at t-ball! Good job! I love your team shirt!
Love you-