7.12.2009

A Hiking We Will Go

Trent has been wanting to go for a hike for quite some time. We finally made the time to go for one on the 3rd of July. We were originally going to hike Stewart Falls, but when we arrived at Aspen Grove our friend suggested we just hike to some falls on the Timpanogas trail. It was an absolutely beautiful hike and the right distance to go with our little friends for our first hike. They did great. Lucie was a trooper and hiked with our friend. She chatted the whole way. Trent and I put Jack in the middle and had to coax him along a few times. Luckily there was a lot to see...caterpillars, waterfalls in the distance and spring water running across the trail in one place which made his day! Ruby loved the backpack and had a little smile on her face the whole time. It was a really great hike and I am finally glad we did it! We are hopefully going to make more time for this type of activity...we are so blessed to live so close to beautiful mountains and recreation areas.
Jack is becoming quite our little photographer. He took this picture!


Jack needed a little break from walking and was quite the entertainment for Ruby. Her little laugh makes me smile:)


Up the trail we go...

A coaxing moment...

Some of the group...

Lucie loves to say that we are going on a nature hike to find things in nature. Here are few of the treasures that we found and saw. Lucie even spotted a snake in one tree, but we didn't get a picture of that. After our hike we went to Cascade Springs and walked around for a few minutes. I love Cascade Springs. I think it is the neatest place with the walkways built over the springs. It is really pretty. We used to take the lower school children there for headmaster hikes when I was in high school.

3 comments:

jlohran said...

I just may ave to do this hike! Great pictures-- you have a great camera-- what kind is it? I need a better one!

taylor said...

good job on the pictures Jack!!
lov grandma

the brooks bunch said...

Great job on the pics Jack! and I don't blame you for sitting down on that hill - I think it would take more than coaxing to get me to the top (like a crane)! Beautiful scenery!
Love you-