7.26.2009

Schoonie Summer Camp

Inspired by my friend who did a staycation with her kids earlier this year we decided to do something similar with Lucie, Jack and Ruby. Trent came up with idea to do a summer camp. We had a 2 day adventure...complete with activities, service project, yummy food, and a celebration of Trent's birthday!
We surprised our campers on Friday morning...

They woke up to a sign that said welcome to Schoonie Summer Camp and this for breakfast -

-Camp Director-

and -Birthday Guy-

Trent choose to have this for dessert (seriously some of the the BEST treats) and to go to Tepenyaki for dinner. Sooooo good!
Over the course of 2 days we watched the Days of 47 parade, made cards and then visited an older sister who used to live in our neighborhood, had a camp fire, made smores, and let Lucie and Jack each pick an activity. We gave each of them choices, but Lucie said those are all good, but I was wondering if we could go back to the BYU Museum of Art and show dad the exhibits. I had taken them there one afternoon a couple of weeks ago and they loved it. They loved it even more the 2nd time!

They LOVE the Walter Wick exhibit. He is the man that does the I Spy books, but they also love the American History collections and the Dan Steinhilber collection (he makes art out of everyday objects like garbage bags, sauce packets, pipes and there is even a sink with running water). They are pretty fascinated by it all.
Jack choose to keep with our yearly tradition mini golfing. I think that Jack is the fastest mini golfer there is. It is more like hockey stick action with him. He is hilarious to watch!


Yeah for summer camp!

I had been craving smores ever since we had them when we were camping at Flaming Gorge. They did not disapoint. So gooey, messy and delish!



We had a great summer camp and after the first day our campers were already asking us if were were going to do this next year. I think it will definitely become a yearly tradition!

Last night we were doing a movie marathon for our last activity and Trent said to Ruby our little junior camper that it was time for her to go to bed. She was standing up to the table and when he said this to her she got so sad. She did not want to miss out on any of the fun. She melted our hearts and got to stay up until she fell asleep in Trent's arms. So sweet! We love our campers, but tonight they were defintely ready for bed!

5 comments:

the brooks bunch said...

What a fun Camp for your family - and the showers and tub were so close! I can't believe how big Ruby is getting - cute pics of your kids!
Love you-

Sally said...

You guys are so much fun! See we need to live by you so we can staycation with you. I LOVE Tepenyaki!

jayni & ben said...

what a fun idea. You guys have the cutest family ever!! I love it. Hopefully someday we will have kids and get to do a Brenchley Summer Camp :D

Nicki said...

Looks like such a blast! Glad you had fun!!

J&K Schoonmaker said...

That sounds like it was so much fun. I am glad you guys had a great summer camp!