7.21.2009

Schoonie Family Reunion

The 2nd weekend in July we went to the Schoonie Family Reunion. It was held in Salt Lake. It's always nice to visit with family that we have not seen for awhile. Trent's aunt Cynthia is awesome to put this reunion together every 3 years. Thanks for keeping us all in contact!

There was lots of playing, working together, and hanging out.

This is the Griffith's family. They are very talented family. Both the mom and dad are in the tabernacle choir and they are all musical. They performed 2 numbers at the family talent show. I love when they perform!

Grandma the balloon lady!

We were so surprised that Trent's sister Trista was here from Washington DC! It was a lot of fun to see her. Jack pulled Trista around everywhere for 2 days.

Lucie had fun meeting new cousins.

For the past 2 reunions we have had a talent show. There is soooo much talent in the Schoonmaker family. Me, I sit and watch and enjoy all the talent being displayed!! We mentioned to Luc and Jack at the first of the week that there was going to be a talent show and they both wanted to participate. They were both so excited to share their talents. Jack is singing Called to Serve. I feel bad because I was not close enough with our recorder so you can not hear him too well. He LOVES this song and always picks this to sing at FHE. I will have to record him singing it in that setting because he gets his stool and conducts us as we all sing it. Lucie has only been taking piano lessons for a month and volunteered to play at the family reunion. I was sooo impressed with both of them for wanting to share their talents and then getting up in front of everyone. They were both so brave!

4 comments:

the brooks bunch said...

Great job Lucie and Jack! Gotta love the reunion thing!!!
Love you-

Laura said...

It was so fun to see you guys for two days straight. Jack's song was so darling. We saw them at Joseph with Kama and they were very well behaved and cute in their little seats they took in with them.

trista said...

Loved hanging out with Jack! He has incredible energy! It was great to see you guys.

Can you send me that picture of me sometime? Thanks!

Noelley's Life said...

Lucie looks so grown up in the picture with Kama. I can't believe what a little lady she is becoming. Love you!