9.13.2012

Fall Soccer

Jack's Fall season of soccer has been going well. He has enjoyed playing. We have had some learning and teaching opportunities too.  One week Jack was pushing off other players like he can in hockey.  The ref got after him and he was a bit upset.  Another day at practice Jack and his friend were wrestling and the coach told him to sit down for a couple of minutes.  Again he was mad, but it was all good and gave Trent and I the opportunity to teach about good sportmanship and that it is ok to be upset but you have to learn to be tough and play within the rules of the game.  
Jackers is pretty competitive ( I have no idea where he gets his competiviness:).  He likes to keep score of every game, he is the best little chearleader and gets so excited for his teamates.  The other night he was playing goalie and one of his teamates made a goal and Jack was yelling down the field congratulating his friend.  It was really cute to watch.  Jack has also scored a few goals himself.  He is good at getting in the mix and sticking with the ball.  He is learning to keep it closer and keep control over the ball.  
I only went to one of his Spring soccer games while I was on bedrest and I have to say that I have really enjoyed watching him play and going the games this Fall.  His games have all been at good times and the evenings have been really nice.  The coach of the team has been really awesome.  He is from England and I love listening him talk the boys.  He has done a really good job of teaching both on the field during the games and holding a weekly practice.
 
 

All the boys on Jack's team are good kids.  He really has a fun time interacting with them.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: