4.28.2012

American Girl Tea Party

Today there was an American Girl Tea Party at Lucie's school library.  Lucie has been looking forward to this event for a couple of months.  One of the first questions she asked when I was put on bed rest was if I was still going to be able to take her to the tea party.  Luckily it worked out and could take both Lucie and Ruby.
Each girl was to bring a doll to the tea party.  They had little plates and forks, small drinks and food for the dolls too.  Ruby was perfectly content at the end of our table eating herself and feeding her doll.
Chelsea (she participated in the fashion show as Felicity), Lucie and Paige
Chelsea, Lucie, Camilla and Camilla's sister.

A light lunch, fashion show and video was shown at the tea party. The tea party was a kick off event for the American Girl book club beginning in the Fall. Lucie was smiling and so happy that we were able to go. I am glad that it made her day. She deserved it after the last few weeks of school with preparation for state testing and the actual tests this past week. She had been so worried that she was not going to get to go to 4th grade if she didn't pass the test. We had reassured her several times and even spoke with her teacher. Testing is so much more now days then I ever remember it being. I am certainly glad that it is over too. In my opinion way too much is put into testing these days.

No comments: