When I saw this quote here I knew I had to write some thoughts about this topic. This is a good reminder for me. I have a hard time parting with items. My Grandma's rocking chair, an outfit, a book, a vase, a picture....the list could go on. I become attached to things and feel like I am parting with the person they came from if I let them go.
Over the past few months I have had to really learn to let things go both tangible items and things in my head! I think this pregnancy was about me learning the lesson to LET THINGS GO and to SIMPLIFY our lives because I just have not had the energy or motivation to tackle much the past 9 months.
We have really cleaned out a lot of our house. My mom helped me clean out my closet, which was such a help and relief. Trent has been amazing at helping me reorganize closets, reorganize toys, part with items from our basement and it feels so much better.
Back in January I resigned as the chair of Love of Reading week at my friends school and in February I was released as Primary President. These were things I loved and it felt bittersweet to let them go, but once they were gone I felt such a burden lifted. Trent said I started sleeping better!
I am grateful I began letting things go early in my pregnancy because when it came time to simplify our lives even more when I was put on bed rest it was fairly easy to say no we can't do that right now. After spending several weeks at home on the couch I have learned to love my home in a new way. I appreciate being at home and that it is ok to be at home hanging out.
I hope that as we welcome our new baby girl in the next couple of weeks that I will remember this quote. I want to collect moments, lots of them with Trent, Lucie, Jack, Ruby, baby girl and extended family and friends. I hope I will remember to say YES and NO when appropriate and not feel like I have to be everything or doing everything right now. There are always opportunities to serve and be involved. I hope I can be more prayerful and humble when we consider the options and ways that our family chooses to spend our time.

No comments:
Post a Comment