4.01.2012

Bed Rest

I was put on modified bed rest this week.  Basically my doctor said I am not supposed to do anything that doesn't absolutely need to be done.  She said she understands that I have three friends that need to be taken care of and fed, but whatever I can get help with or can just get rid of doing that's what needs to happen.
My fluid is low so the baby does not not have much cushion.  I am at the low end of the range and I am at 32 weeks.  The only thing that can change or stabilize my fluid is rest and drinking lots of water.  We have received so many blessings this week.  The night before we found out I was going to be on bed rest a sister in our ward showed up with a meal for the next night.  She said she felt inspired to bring us a meal.  What a blessing that meal was on a day when we had to look at our schedule and cut out any unnecessary things.  Another friend showed up with a loaf of bread.
My mom immediately offered to pick up my friends from school and help with any housework.  Noelle has helped with housework and made us lasagna for dinner.  Trent has been amazing.  He has done dishes non stop, made lunches, made dinners, ran friends to activities, etc....I am sure it has to be so annoying to everyone sometimes that I am just laying on the couch while they are working.  I feel bad for sure, but feel very blessed that so many have been so willing to help.
Our friends have been very helpful with helping around the house and being willing to cut out activities.  We were able to cut back on Lucie's skating lessons, Jack just finished hockey, Ruby just finished her session of skating, Jack's friend's mom is willing to pick up and bring Jack home from any soccer games.  Lucie's piano teacher, a good friend offered to come to our house for the next few weeks!  All so amazing and helpful.
I have weekly ultrasounds and non-stress tests to monitor the baby and fluid.  It has been pretty cool to have weekly ultrasounds especially with the technology now days.  They can show the baby in 4d.  Last week we saw her stick out her tongue and blink her eyes!  It's really incredible.  Her side profile looks very similar to Lucie and Ruby's and her little nose is the same shape!
I couldn't sleep the other night.  Trent came downstairs about 2am to check on me.  He was telling me that someone at work had stopped by to say sorry that his wife was bedridden!  We were laughing and joking that bedridden and bed rest are not the same.  Trent was making up this whole story about how his wife is bedridden and he has to take the kids to see me where they wheel me out.  At 2am when I couldn't sleep this made me laugh!  We know it could be a lot harder.  I am really grateful that I can be at home and that I can interact with my friends and hold them on the couch and give them loves everyday.  We are taking things one day at a time.  I really feel so blessed right now though and hope and pray that our baby girl continues to develop healthy and strong.

No comments: