Lucie has been planning and patiently waiting to have her friend birthday party since January. Every day on the way home from school she would talk about making her invitations (which she wanted to hand out in February in everyone's pocket at school), what activities she wanted to do, what kind of cupcakes, including what color the frosting should be to accommodate the boys and she wanted to make sure that everyone was able to eat the food (she learned a lot about being respectful of food allergies the past 2 years in preschool). I was so proud of her for caring and wanting to make sure everyone would feel welcome.
The day finally arrived for her party and it turned out great...we even had nice weather! It was a beach party theme... we had hot dogs for lunch, decorated sun visors with beach/fish foamies, decorated cupcakes, and played in the sand, trampoline, and water. It was all a lot of fun! Lucie had a great time and really enjoyed being able to see her friends!
Decorating Cupcakes - I learned this from one of Lucie's preschool parent days....an easy thing to do (if you live by a Costco) is to order the vanilla and chocolate cupcakes from their bakery with no frosting. They are big and provide plenty of room for decorating. To go along with the beach theme we had blue frosting for water, crushed nilla wafers for sand, and beach umbrellas for decorating.
6.05.2008
Lucie's Friend Birthday Party
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
The party turned out so cute. I love the cupcake idea! I am glad that she had such a great time. Happy Birthday Lucie!!!
Lexie had so much fun. What a fun idea and I am so glad the weather was good. I had no idea about costco cupcakes and that they would not do frosting. Thanks for that tip. Cute cute party!
You are SOO fancy! That's just adorable. How fun.
That is such a cute idea. I loved all of it:)
Post a Comment