6.04.2008

Sometimes It Is Good Not to Blow Up!

This is going to be a random post, but I just realized that I have not posted anything in over a week. I am such a slacker:) In my defense I did type a post on Friday, went to publish it and Google had an error and I LOST it...I am sure you have all had those moments and then you just do not feel like re-doing it. I guess I had a little blogger annoyance!
Anyways, today was a day where I was going to try and catch up from all the events in our life the past few days...but again you probably all know how that went...one step forward and 10 steps backwards!
One of the backwards moments happened just a bit ago...Lucie and Jack were both taking a nap at the same time (a miracle!) and I was going to finish my work but out internet was not working (which, if you are like me when the internet is not working you feel like nothing works) . I was of course frustrated, but figured out another project I could do. I kept checking it and finally 2 hours later I called Comcast and spent a half hour on the phone with no luck. They politely told me that they could come out tomorrow afternoon. I bit my tongue and told the man "thank you," but I was really frustrated. I was so mad at myself when I got off of the phone because I was thinking of all the mean things I could have said and how could we live our life for the next 24 hours with no phone or internet. Trent called me and I was near boiling point telling him about it and I happened to mention that our TV reception was not good either. He calmly told me to check the plug in the basement for something or other that controls everything. Immediately I knew that it was my fault and I was REALLY glad that I did not blow up at the Comcast guy. Two little boys were playing in our basement this morning and flipped our power cord off and in 5 little seconds everything was fixed and YEAH because now I can type this post telling you all about it!!
I will include some pictures with this post....Jack has an obsession with toilet paper. Last week I came downstairs to find a new roll wrapped around our kitchen table, bar, a path down the hallway, around the couch, etc...I calmly gathered it all up and we used toilet paper out a of sack for a few days...so much fun. A couple of days later he dropped a new roll in the bathtub...we decided that one was not salvageable. Although I HATE wasting toilet paper...its just one of those things. And yet again this week he started upstairs this time and went down both flights of stairs. I did take pictures this time and we were going to be using toilet paper out of sack again, but while I was busy taking pictures he got my spray bottle of vinegar and started spraying it...lovely! What can I say he keeps me on my toes. The things he figures out to do and get into amaze me. His brain definitely thinks differently then mine because I can never quite figure out what he is going to do next. He makes life an adventure...he can make me want to pull my hair out one minute and he melts my heart the next with his thumbs up, his smile, and "got it mom."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I just love Jack - he has such a great imagination!!! and Ashlie I really admire you for your patience - you amaze me!!
Good Luck and we needed to wish Lucie a belated Happy Birthday!!!
Love you-
s/b
P.S. the kids had such a fun weekend - thank You!

Sally said...

I have had many of those "hmm glad I didn't lose it" moments...and even more of the "stink...I totally freaked over nothing" moments. I LOVE the toilet paper trail. Jack is so funny.

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

The tp trail is just a crack up. My kids usually just waste it all in the toilet. Grrrrrrrr.