3.18.2008

Tasty Tuesday - Deviled Eggs

Because it is Easter Week I thought I would share one of my favorite things...
Deviled EggsThis recipe comes from Paula Deen. If I am making them I follow my mom's directions, which I do not think includes the mustard or sweet pickle relish. I think it is one of those things that can be made a million different ways...all depends on preference.

7 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
Salt and pepper, for taste
Paprika, for garnishing
Sweet gherkin pickles sliced, for garnishing
Pimentos, for garnishing

Halve 7eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.

Mash yolks with a fork and stir in mayonnaise, pickle relish, and mustard. Add salt and pepper, to taste.

Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture. Garnish with paprika, pickles, and pimentos. Store covered in refrigerator.

2 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

'Mmmm! Gotta love Paula Deen recipes. So good and so fatty, hee hee! What could be better for Easter than Deviled Eggs?

Anonymous said...

Are we ready for a BBQ or what? Some good Hamburgers with deviled eggs - yum!!!! Thanks for sharing!
Love you-
sharon