I must admit that I have had a harder time adjusting to back to school than either Lucie or Jack. They were completely fine. The first couple of days that Lucie was gone it felt so long and like something was missing in our house. It is really strange when both Lucie and Jack are at school. After a week or so now it goes by way fast and we are back in the routine of not having enough hours in the day to get everything done! Time is a strange thing!
Lucie and Jack both enjoyed their first few days at school. They were both excited to go and see their friends and their teachers. The day before Jack went to school he asked for a haircut. He said he wanted to look handsome for school and for Miss Amanda. Miss Amanda was one of the student teachers in his class the first semester of 3 year old preschool and he loved her. He is so excited because she gets to be in his class all this year!
Lucie is so grown up and responsible. She is eating school lunch and is liking her school class. On the 1st day of school I walked her up to meet her class. More for my benefit than hers. She was fine...I was sad and wanted to make sure she was ok. On the 2nd day I asked her if it was ok if I just dropped her off. This was her reply..."I know that you are worried about me mom, but I am ok." That day I picked her up fairly quickly from school and when she got in the car she asked if tomorrow if I would not pick her up so fast. She is my little social butterfly! I am glad that she is getting along with her other classmates and having a good time.
9.01.2009
1st Days of School
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I totally get it! I love that Lucie actually asked you not to be so punctual. They are both so cute. We miss you guys!
I so agree with the time thing. I never have enough time and just when you think that you have all the time in the world to get things done while the kids are in school you realize that you have to go pick them up.
So grown up! I love Lucie with the tail - she is so sweet! and Jack - he is such a handsome little boy! Good luck on the school thing and keeping up! Time does fly!
Love you-
Aw they look so cute! Lucie seems like such a good girl!
hahaha your kids make me laugh. They are so stinkin cute!!
Post a Comment