5.02.2008

Yellowstone



One of the days while in Idaho some family took a ride to West Yellowstone. Lucie and Jack both went along for the ride. They were very excited with the animals that they were able to see and Old Faithful go off.
These are all pictures that Lucie took with her Fisher Price camera. I was pretty impressed with some of the pictures that she was able to get!
A quick story about buffalo...Trent's mom has been visiting this week and she told Lucie that this weekend we might have buffalo burgers after a cousin's baptism. I am sure Lucie was picturing the buffalo in her head that she had just seen a few days before. She quickly replied back that she did not like buffalo burgers. Grandma's reply was, "oh, you have probably never tried them before and besides that haven't you tried elk or deer meat?" Lucie quickly responded without missing a beat with this..."I don't eat anything that you have to kill."
Trent and I were trying to contain our laughter. I am sure that I thought the same way when I was young...hamburger and chicken are just things you buy at the store...you don't have to kill them in order to eat them!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucie did a great job with the Fisher Price camera!!! I love the buffalo burger story - how could you eat those little orange babies!!!! I am so glad she got a picture of old faithful - since that will probably be the only way the Brooks family will ever see it erupt!
Love you-
s/b

Noelley's Life said...

She got great pictures considering too that they were taken through the car window. I have a cute one of Lucie and Jack in front of old faithful that I will send you. I love the burger story! Love you Lucie!

Noelle

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

That looks like a really neat trip! My kids keep talking about Geysers (they learned from PBS Kids "Fetch"). Guess we better take 'em on up to Yellowstone too!

Todd said...

Great pictures. She really got some great shots. Old faithful is amazing I hope to visit someday. Did your kids have a great time? It looks like it was a blast.
p.s. Maybe you need to start a blog for Lucie with all her great pics.

Emily said...

So beautiful! I tried to go through Yellow Stone on my way home to MN one Spring before the passes were clear... I drove all the way there and then had to detour. it was like a 5 hour detour. Hey- but it was beautiful!

jlohran said...

These last few weeks sound like the really good busy. It looks like a lot of fun!

Nicki said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!! Thanks for always being so good to me and I look forward to seeing you soon!